open letter regarding file sharing from monolake

- ask away
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

kans wrote:Next time you're walking down the street and see a guy in a BMW stopped at a red light, just go and open his door (double click his user name) and then double click his face with your fist and take his car... its the same thing... no worries :roll:
haha... no it's not. unless the car is on my desk so I don't have to move...

not to mention the fact that I'm a lot more likely to be in trouble with the law..
Christ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Christ »

adam wrote:
kans wrote:Next time you're walking down the street and see a guy in a BMW stopped at a red light, just go and open his door (double click his user name) and then double click his face with your fist and take his car... its the same thing... no worries :roll:

not to mention the fact that I'm a lot more likely to be in trouble with the law..
A reason why people download music. People feel there are no risk with downloading. But stealing a car, as kans say, you would be in trouble with the law.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Christ wrote:
adam wrote:

A reason why people download music. People feel there are no risk with downloading. But stealing a car, as kans say, you would be in trouble with the law.
Yes, but making tougher laws and cracking down on downloaders isn't the way to go either. There's some serious privacy violation that would go on. It's one thing for a thief to go out and steal a car, but this file sharing thing is different. It'd be better for everyone (and better for business) to make it easier to buy legally, as opposed to fighting a losing war trying to make the illegal tougher to do.
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Christ wrote:A reason why people download music. People feel there are no risk with downloading. But stealing a car, as kans say, you would be in trouble with the law.
Wow.
Dunno how it is up where you live, but some countries don't joke with it (France for example) though they seem to care more about people downloading movies...

Cannot accept the "people download cause it 's too expensive or it's easier to find what one's want on p2p" thing, i often feel like plaster people download because they just don't see music as an artform but as a product that can be erased as soon as they want to hear another product.
Why would someone buy a record when he already knows that he's gonna be bored with in one month?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

idealstandard wrote:
Christ wrote:A reason why people download music. People feel there are no risk with downloading. But stealing a car, as kans say, you would be in trouble with the law.
Wow.
Dunno how it is up where you live, but some countries don't joke with it (France for example) though they seem to care more about people downloading movies...

they might did that cuz the theatres appealed for measures since noone would go to watch any. you know how easy is to get a movie which got released a few days back. not to mention to actually wait for it to come in your city. lol
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

plaster wrote:they might did that cuz the theatres appealed for measures since noone would go to watch any. you know how easy is to get a movie which got released a few days back. not to mention to actually wait for it to come in your city. lol
Yep, and not to mention that the people won't buy the dvd once it's out ;-)
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

I don't know what to think about P2P, but I do think that it's a good idea to give out pre-release copies in low-quality audio. I wouldn't even send a demo to a label in full CD quality. :wink:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

it's theirs fault. i mean, the same industry that's trying to prevent piracy actually contributed by making cd/dvd burners. alot of groundbreaking things is done already and noone managed to think of a special format or something. next to all those scientists and whatnot.

yet you can't blame it on the people for happy bracing what they offered. it's ironic.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.