Pioneer DJM 800 vs. A+H Xone 92

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Xone: because the faders are better quality and the sound is MUCH better. Also Pioneer has this annoying behavior that the faders almost have only two positions: silent or full open :p
Of course the Pio has a lot of wicked features that the Xone doesn't have, but a Kaoss Pad or whatever will fix that (and you'll have better control over the EFX too).

The Pio 800 is a very good step up from the 600, but still, it's not coming close to the Xone series.
Or you can also check out the NUO's from Ecler, lovely mixers :)
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

Another vote for Xone, because it simply sounds 2 worlds better than all the stuff Pioneer has to offer. Plus it's made to last.
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

i've read an review where they tested the xone 92 and djm800 in a london club (think it was fabric, not sure on this one) and their sound engeneer said that it sounded more defined that the xone ..

btw, keep in mind that most people here will say xone because of the fact that minimal big shots use it regulary ..

800 is still pretty new and hasn't been really established at clubs yet ..

my advice is that you simply try them both out. it could be that you like the behavior of the EQ-s more on one of them .. and also consider how much service could cost, the pioneer is as far as i know digital and that could make it really expensive to repair ..

still both of them are great mixers
lil' jerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

brianc wrote: Everything about Xone mixers is high quality.
except for the parts...

I've owned Xone mixers for years, the faders will always fail quickly.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

The sound engineer from fabric uses the Xone in the entire club so I seriously doubt that he would endorse the Pio instead...
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

i like the 4 band eq over the three band...i have owned a lot pio. mixers. they all seem to boost the eqs in certain ranges when cutting others, never was a fan of the eq. as far as for failing...all mixers will eventually fail if you use them a lot and don't take good care. I have heard of pioneer mixers have bleed issues after 3 months use. don't have to worry about a bleed on an ah...each fader is seperate internally so they can't bleed. but the new 800 prolly does all that too.
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by filthypitcher »

OK, I did a lot of research into it and it turns out that the 800 is actually a better built mixer. The 92' seem to have a problem of falling apart after 2 years of use. They are also manufatured in China now instead of england so they arent put together as good as they used to be!

The sound off of the 800 is better due to its 24 bit 96kbs dsp system. I think that its even better than the 3D.

The sound tech in fabric used to hook a pioneer DJM 600 into a A+H to sort out the sound issues the 600 has. He now maintains that there is no need for this with the 800 as the sound problems are sorted.

The eqs are slightly better on the 92 but its marginal, but again the compnents seem to go after 2 years so whats the point!

http://www.djmag.com/tech/Pioneer_DJM-800.pdf
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

800 all the way!

MIDI and sound quality put out by the pioneer unit.