Are you a Music-Pirate??

- open
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

the industry thinks, that all customer should be listeners only, but thats sucks and kill the culture. but none notices it yet.

german interview with Lawrence Lessig

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news/kultur/664324.html
DanielCarew
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Are you a Music-Pirate??

Post by DanielCarew »

This
Celltek wrote: I must admit to downloading heaps illegal music from the web..
and this
Celltek wrote:However I fully support the industry by shopping at record stores regularly and usually do so after listening to the illegal version for a while, and going to gigs.
Are contradictory. You do not fully support the industy. You arbitrarily support it.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

gotta love warez!
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

Are you a Music-Pirate??
no
GonJ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by GonJ »

I must admit to downloading quit a bit from Soulseek. I cannot afford all the records I want to hear. Plus it allows me to discover new artists and labels I wouldn't take a chance on if I had to pay $10+ per record. I do buy the ones I especially like. No so much to support anyone but for the better sound quality/lifetime.
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

i can smell doodies in this thread... :lol:
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

both :roll:
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Are you a Music-Pirate??

Post by Celltek »

DanielCarew wrote:This
Celltek wrote: I must admit to downloading heaps illegal music from the web..
and this
Celltek wrote:However I fully support the industry by shopping at record stores regularly and usually do so after listening to the illegal version for a while, and going to gigs.
Are contradictory. You do not fully support the industy. You arbitrarily support it.
Fair anough, however you may call it.. The fact is that new producers and labels are popping up everyday and if you are not in the business professionally it is (financially) very difficult to stay on top of the latest releases etc. Its not like we have a minimal mtv or tv/radio station dedicated to playing new sh!t... so I browse the forum, and dl whatever is new.

So DanielCarew, I do care for the industry or I wouldnt have posted this topic in the first place. My personal rule is never to play anthing I download (thats stealing). I dont archive my releases either. I give em a once off and delete or buy. Ultimately through my illegal downloads I have been able to buy virtually unknown releases i would have never found in the first place..

So dude, please share your views on this instead of firing shots because im genuinely interested in how you feel about this.