apple laptops

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

adam wrote:
I'm fundamentally opposed to DRM, but if this is a music production or performance machine, it shouldn't affect anything. I'd boycott if there was anything better, but there isn't... the performance and perks far outweigh this.
what if u want to dj with it? :roll:
this drm sht could wreak havoc.
and I'm not quite so shure about the absolute superiority of macbooks...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

"what if u want to dj with it? :roll:
this drm sht could wreak havoc."

not sure I understand this? How could it effect djing?
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

like u cant play "uncopirighted" (not supported by the drm) material or whatever... :roll:
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

what do you mean by uncopirighted material? Does that mean stolen? or stuff that doesn't have a copyright at all, like a sample? and how could a chip stop this....because then how would be people even be able to listen to music at all or make music at all on the computer? You have to be able to record in. anything you record doesn't have a copiright....so how would that work???? your computer wouldn't record at all...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Measax wrote:what do you mean by uncopirighted material? Does that mean stolen? or stuff that doesn't have a copyright at all, like a sample? and how could a chip stop this....because then how would be people even be able to listen to music at all or make music at all on the computer? You have to be able to record in. anything you record doesn't have a copiright....so how would that work???? your computer wouldn't record at all...
I mean downloaded music. Check out wtf this DRM actually means. Like in the end the sh!t hits the fan - if u didn't dnld it from i-tunes, it won't play. It can come down to this.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Oh I know what you mean...why would you play an itunes track anyway? they only download at 128. nothing off any other down load site plays drm. plus there are ways around drm....you can convert the file to wave or if that doesn't work just play it from the sourch it is alowed and record it back in through another program....
Llydo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Llydo »

Ive tried a new G4 power book and it goes fast, fast, fast!