too much equipment?

- ask away
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

if someone here HAS to much gear - just send me a pm and i give you my adress :lol:
--

harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

too much?? heh
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i wish i had limited access to hardware. like, one synth, a sampler and a drum machine. it would make my life so easy and more creative.
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

plaster wrote:i wish i had limited access to hardware. like, one synth, a sampler and a drum machine. it would make my life so easy and more creative.
yes, one of the best pieces of advice given to me: keep your setup as simple as possbile.

i only add new hardware and software if i really need to.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

northernlight wrote:
plaster wrote:i wish i had limited access to hardware. like, one synth, a sampler and a drum machine. it would make my life so easy and more creative.
yes, one of the best pieces of advice given to me: keep your setup as simple as possbile.

i only add new hardware and software if i really need to.
stewart walker's interview is very interresting on that matter, you can see how he had limited access to hardware. later on as he got to know one instrument he bought another one and improoved his skills combining both. i remember having a period when i was trying out plugins next to making music to find something suitable. weird time because i got caught up too much into finding than creating. now the setup is quite minimal... ableton, no fx whatsoever or post processing. raw sound.
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

same here.

the only vst i use atm is a spectral analyzer.