Cubase SX vs Ableton Live

- ask away
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

no really, tho pro version's summing algorithm is considered the best at the moment .. the same algorithm is as far as i know not used in the bundled versions ..
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

nihad wrote:no really, tho pro version's summing algorithm is considered the best at the moment .. the same algorithm is as far as i know not used in the bundled versions ..

IS THAT MARKETING? considered the best by who? Don't get me wrong, I respect pro tools but I think its more hype on the software end than anything. It seems to me to be bigger among americans (and I am an american) because thats all they talk about in american music mags...euro mags talk logic...hmmmmm....marketing...
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

eh, no, it's not marketing, don't be paranoid ..
it's considered so by basically any recording professional in sweden right now. most of them do the composing in logic, cubase, etc .. but when it comes to mixing it down, those who work with only DAWs will probably go to protools ..

Thats how it looks on the ground, if it's due to good marketing from the pro tools guys, i don't know, but still among pro's here their summing algorithm is considered the best .. (compared to similar systems)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

unfortunately, plug-ins are deactivated when running Live as a ReWire slave.

this is utter sh!t I say
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i use both but for different things.
i'm a hardware guy, and i find the midi almost impossible to work with in ableton, its like an afterthought, whereas with cubase it has been there from the start. i started with cubase 2 on an atari like sorgenkind, and i still think its the best, infact its total integral to the way i work
i use ableton for mixing and experimenting, but dont like the sound, i find it thin and grainy.
its a useful tool though.