Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

tmp wrote:woooow!
nice !!! big thx :D

i really love this program :)

btw.. you said " (In combination with Reason)"
why? are there some functions you miss in live?
No problem!

I can everything I want to in Live, but for drum programming I use the redrum device in Reason.. Just because I'm used to it and it works fine for me..
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
rkampschoer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rkampschoer »

I mainly use Ableton Live 4 for live performances now, but I intend to use it in my (hardware) studio as well.
I also still use a hardware sequencer in my studio, as I really like it's interface.
(also see my web-site)

:)
www.robinkampschoer.com
sometimes, less is more...
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Joel and I (Tractile) use Reason 2.5 for all the essential aspects of writing tracks. Along with it, we use of course a variety of waveform editing tools, Ableton, twin microkorgs (not so much lately), minidisc recorder + condenser mic for grabbing useful sounds around the city.

When we're playing live, we're running everything into a Xone 32 mixer.. joel's running a laptop and I'm running a roland sp-808 (the old sampler that runs off 100mb zips), and we're using an alesis midiverb 4 fx unit. I basically export about a hundred new loops and pieces before a show onto a new zip or clear away all the non-used bits from another zip. We basically do alot of improve and reconstruction of both new and old tracks of ours... we have never played the same set twice and people loved it everytime.
rkampschoer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rkampschoer »

Great!

I use a Xone 92 for my live performances (with a lot of other things).
I used to bring a lot of hardware with me, but if I record my stuff in Ableton, I can be just as dynamic.
I still take the 303 with me though, that machine really needs to be tweaked live...

www.robinkampschoer.com
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

With ableton and the other software production programs are the tracks saved to a disc? how does that work? Like can i save my tracks to a disc and play my tracks on someone elses computer?

Sorry i have no idea how those software production programs work.
rkampschoer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rkampschoer »

you can indeed save your tracks to a compact disc or for example flash media, but you might first need to put them on the computer's own harddisk to be able to import them in ableton.

www.robinkampschoer.com
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

minimal house wrote:With ableton and the other software production programs are the tracks saved to a disc? how does that work? Like can i save my tracks to a disc and play my tracks on someone elses computer?

Sorry i have no idea how those software production programs work.
You'll learn alot quicker by just downloading a demo and toying with it THEN sking specific questions. Best way to get started - just create some drum loops of slight variation, export them as .wav or aiff or something and then bring them in to ableton and experiment. You'll understand most basic functions within a couple hours max.
tmp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tmp »

you can also create drumloops in ableton live!
http://www.ableton.com/

here you can download a demo AND very good video tutorials to get started.
hf! :)