Richie Hawtin Live @ DEMF 05/29/06 STREAM RIP!!!

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

stefspijk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stefspijk »

does anyone know what the hardware setup of richie is? i see him playing Serato, but also his Allen & Heath Xone hooked up to something, but what? Ableton? And if he also is using Ableton, how does he integrate Serato in his setup?

any ideas??
The Hague...soulful city
Ro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ro »

stefspijk wrote: how does he integrate Serato in his setup?
any ideas??
Forget it jake, it's Chinatown.
N - Jay
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by N - Jay »

A Richie Hawtin Detroit Session... Always worth looking at.
The session of last year was filled with classics.. I would love to see a tracklist of that.

Despite his poor mixing when it comes to transitions his choice of records is maybe a bit simple but very varied which is a good thing. From very detailed tracks to more simplistic tracks with a "drive".

I prefer the Richie who has deleted, old records in his case which I've never heard and where I can only dream of about getting my hands on one.
This set is good, but not that special... But if I was there I would have gone crazy like hell cause it's a festival you always wanted to go to.
sajin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sajin »

does anyone know what the hardware setup of richie is? i see him playing Serato, but also his Allen & Heath Xone hooked up to something, but what? Ableton? And if he also is using Ableton, how does he integrate Serato in his setup?
Rich uses Serato, a Xone ctrl 92, and a laptop running ableton, but he uses this as an effects send unit, usually just runs the lexicon psp 42.
stefspijk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stefspijk »

so he uses 2 laptops? one for serato and the other for ableton? how does he link his serato with ableton, so he can use the effects?
The Hague...soulful city
dario zenker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dario zenker »

does anybody knows which track is the one at 84.45.20?
its the booooooomb.....
sajin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sajin »

so he uses 2 laptops? one for serato and the other for ableton? how does he link his serato with ableton, so he can use the effects?
He doesn't really need to sync the laptops. Since the Xone ctrl has extra midi features he just uses the mixer as a midi controller to change the parmeters on the effects. When I was watching him it only looks like he uses the lexicon, and he really is only changing the time of the delay. As well the ableton computer never "starts" in the ableton fashion. He just has a audio channel open recieving the audio and then sending it right back out, all it does is process a signal, it doesn't have to be running.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

dario zenker wrote:does anybody knows which track is the one at 84.45.20?
its the booooooomb.....

new alex under :)

he played it in his livepa from mutek 2006. might be from his future release on m_nus(?heard rumours about that at least..) :P