Irish Minimal DJ

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
will kinsella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Irish Minimal DJ

Post by will kinsella »

Hey

My name is Will. I am a Minimal DJ based here in Dublin, Ireland. I am impressed with the website. There is some good stuff in here.

I will be posting my next mix up soon. It will be a 3 deck minimal mix consisiting of all the music i brought home from the Sonar festival. Respect to Mobilee, Liebe, Cocoon, Kompakt and Poker Flat.

Thanks

Will
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Hey welcome Will!

You have seen Donnacha playing on friday?
will kinsella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by will kinsella »

thanks!

im afraid not. caught the Mobilee party on Thursday though. It was my favourite night of the whole weekend. Its a great label with great djs.
LILIAN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LILIAN »

hey hey :)

whats happing in dublin regarding clubbing???
will kinsella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by will kinsella »

Hey Lili. nice hearing from you. There is alot going on in Dublin at the moment.

The best night at the moment is POGO in the POD (Harcourt Street) with Bodytonic. I am a monthly resident there. the room is hopin every week. The club room focuses mainly on Minimal, Detroit and straight up Techno. In the bar then you will get funk and soul and in the Live room you will have various live acts and djs on rotation. by far the best night in my book.

Another really strong night is Electric City in Wax (South William Street) every thursday. EC have been going strong for many years now. they focus on high end Techno (minimal, Detroit etc) mainly and some electro. I am making my debut there in October. Looking forward to that.

Fridays in Rogue (Dame Street) is also very good. Another night run by Bodytonic. Stereotonic focuses on quality house music. The lads down there are really sound. upstairs you will get a mixture of house and samba-esque sounds where the basement is all about the House. Me and a few colleagues are looking into starting a minimal night on Fridays. good venues is the main issue so far.

For Sunday clubbing check out "Straight Up" at 4 Dame Lane. I am a monthly resident there also. They have an anything goes music policy with regard to electronic music. I myself keep it minimal.

The best record shops are both in Temple Bar and are very close to each other. Carbon is based in Urban Oufitters in the square. Selectah is based just around the corner. you will get all your minimal, Techno, House there.

Those are the best nights in my book. If you or anyone else on the forum for that matter happen to be in Dublin send me a PM and I will show you around the town.

Peace
LILIAN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LILIAN »

xooxooxxo:)nice to hear all that :))))
thanks a lot dear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay in touche for sure !

regards:)
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

Will, wat's da craic? :D
I own all of your candies!
will kinsella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by will kinsella »

defo lili keep in touch

whats the craic with me? not much, the usual spining tunes, making tracks

what about yourself. where you from? make sure to say hello if your in Dublin.
Last edited by will kinsella on Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.