Vinyl sales for labels

- open
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Vinyl sales for labels

Post by subtropical »

Anyone know any REAL numbers for how many units labels these days are pressing and selling- realistically???

Hoping for specifics from across the board- big labels and small as well...

ok go!

:D
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

hehe, do you think you'll get the exact numbers from the labels?

My guess is that small labels sell between 500-1000 per release. This would often be new labels, and labels not buying big stars to release for them.

Then you have the small-medium labels that sell between 1000-2500 per release. This would often be quality labels that have been in business for a while or new labels with the current 'stars'.

Then the medium-big labels that sell between 2500-6000 releases which are well established and well-known labels.

And finally the big labels doing more than 6000 per release (think Poker Flat, M-Nus and that sort of labels).

something like that....
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

that's a pretty good summary of the situation!
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

See, i'm after the real numbers at the current time...i can guess the above breakdown of course...but i'd like to know the real deal... :D
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

patrick bateman wrote:hehe, do you think you'll get the exact numbers from the labels?

My guess is that small labels sell between 500-1000 per release. This would often be new labels, and labels not buying big stars to release for them.

Then you have the small-medium labels that sell between 1000-2500 per release. This would often be quality labels that have been in business for a while or new labels with the current 'stars'.

Then the medium-big labels that sell between 2500-6000 releases which are well established and well-known labels.

And finally the big labels doing more than 6000 per release (think Poker Flat, M-Nus and that sort of labels).

something like that....
I appreciate this though...i was was just wondering more specifics...i have been hearing this story for a few years now..maybe it's different now- i don't know???

cheers man
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

subtropical wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:hehe, do you think you'll get the exact numbers from the labels?

something like that....
I appreciate this though...i was was just wondering more specifics...i have been hearing this story for a few years now..maybe it's different now- i don't know???

cheers man
Well, I'm not going to give you the exact numbers for TTT....
But if you know somebody that are producing and releasing then ask them ;)
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

I'd be curious to know what a label like perlon sells...
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

cyhl wrote:I'd be curious to know what a label like perlon sells...
No that much i guess, Markus Nikolai sells glasses in Frankfurt :D