NY minimal

- open
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

NY minimal

Post by clubfoot »

I'm excited - I've just booked a flight to visit NY for the first 2 weeks of November :)

Anyone got some tips on the scene out there? Where are the cool techno sessions, if any?
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

wolf and lamb, the bunker
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

not always minimal, but often good: www.wearerobots.net
And you should check out Club Love...really fun venue with a good mixed crowd. Often has house music, but sometimes other genre's too. www.musicislove.net

Have fun!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

:P thanks guys - those look like the right kind of recommendations. I'll check out their listings closer to the time. Can't wait to check out this wolf&lamb steakhouse too.

Anyone with anymore?
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Unfortunately Robots has announced it's final night this friday. (Nick AC is moving to London) Hopefully something new will sprout. The APT occasionally has some good shows on the minimal front and various other smaller venues get in some nice talents.
Wolf+Lamb and subtonic(bunker) are always great. We'll have to see but by November there will be some other nights and venues going on.
ao
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ao »

Helpful thread, thanks!

I'm a minimal dj/promoter from Ottawa, Ontario, and I'll be in NYC around Aug. 4 to 10 and would love to check the minimal scene while I'm in town . . .

ao.
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

Robots is longer at Deville every Friday but instead is doing a monthly at Cielo beginning in September...they have Dominik Eulberg playing at Cielo next thursday the 27th, too.

And ao, you're in luck because Matt Dear is going to be playing a loft party on August 5!
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Check out Francois K. night at Ceilo.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker