[Minus 42LP] Marc Houle - Bay Of Figs

- wax
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

seamus wrote:has anyone managed to buy this yet? it was meant to be released on Friday, but I can't find it anywhere and there's no mention of it on the M_nus website :?:
Was it confirmed to be released then or was that just hearsay? A lot of that goes on. Also, sometimes it does get announced tentatively but often gets pushed back. Which sucks when you're waiting for something but usually if you're waiting like that it's something worth waiting for anyway

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
infizero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by infizero »

out end of july last i heard. :)
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

"for you to suggest that after all this, what is to many of us, the most important thing in our lives (music in general I mean) - we somehow only like this particular music or these releases being talked about here because it has some label name slapped on it?

PAAA-LEEESE. Nobody is that stupid. Nobody."

actually many people tend to be that stupid...
minus is surrounded by a lot of hype and therefore it will attract many people who are influenced by the hype, it's a fact i've seen it happen many many times before over the years in many styles of music, it's the power of marketing and the minus people know this all too well, so do many other people in the music bizz
only the fact that this thread has 5 pages is good publicity ;-)
hell i bought the magda ep because of the hype and was disappointed
this is the last time i buy something before listening

same for marc houle, if i like, i'll buy it, if not it will just be another minus disappointment for me, plenty of other more exciting stuff coming out anyway

but why people have to get so fucking personal about it, i don't get this
you either like it or you don't, there's nothing insulting about that
use e-mail to throw punches at each other, why do people need to have testosterone fights over forums?
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

dsat wrote:"but why people have to get so fucking personal about it, i don't get this you either like it or you don't, there's nothing insulting about that use e-mail to throw punches at each other, why do people need to have testosterone fights over forums?
+1 on this one.

It's fascinating though to see how passionate things can get when some people dare to say "Nope, I don't like this one".
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

idealstandard wrote:
dsat wrote:"but why people have to get so fucking personal about it, i don't get this you either like it or you don't, there's nothing insulting about that use e-mail to throw punches at each other, why do people need to have testosterone fights over forums?
+1 on this one.

It's fascinating though to see how passionate things can get when some people dare to say "Nope, I don't like this one".
That's my beef - that's how it should be.. if people do want to say they don't like something, however not helpful that is, that's fine... it's the going the extra mile to badmouth unconstructively that piss me off.

"you either like it or you don't"... exactly.

theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

dsat wrote:"for you to suggest that after all this, what is to many of us, the most important thing in our lives (music in general I mean) - we somehow only like this particular music or these releases being talked about here because it has some label name slapped on it?

PAAA-LEEESE. Nobody is that stupid. Nobody."

actually many people tend to be that stupid...
minus is surrounded by a lot of hype and therefore it will attract many people who are influenced by the hype, it's a fact i've seen it happen many many times before over the years in many styles of music, it's the power of marketing and the minus people know this all too well, so do many other people in the music bizz
only the fact that this thread has 5 pages is good publicity ;-)
hell i bought the magda ep because of the hype and was disappointed
this is the last time i buy something before listening

same for marc houle, if i like, i'll buy it, if not it will just be another minus disappointment for me, plenty of other more exciting stuff coming out anyway

but why people have to get so fucking personal about it, i don't get this
you either like it or you don't, there's nothing insulting about that
use e-mail to throw punches at each other, why do people need to have testosterone fights over forums?
The people who are that stupid are pop fans and forum kids. But to be fair, this was me speaking on behalf of myself and a good chunk of the people around here who have been in the scene for a LOOONG time and definitely don't just bite into the hype. I mean, everyone is affected by marketing but it's a pretty powerful thing to suggest that, for instance, I love some music because someone told me to.. This is one of the things my friends and I pride ourselves on - not being easily convinced and being critical of things. And most of us have been around this scene for 5-12 years. Nobody amongst us just decided they liked this stuff after seeing some ad or something - in fact, a lot of it is stuff we liked because we heard it played or on a white before we even knew who it was or who it was being put out with.

TroySilver
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by TroySilver »

Marc Houle rocks it.

Saw him live at the Crobar here in Chicago a few months ago and even though the place was barely filled (maybe 150-200 people), he put out some wicked tunes.

He seems like a shy person for some reason though. I tried to talk to him a little after the show and he sort of pulled away. Oh well.
LILIAN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LILIAN »

... it's ok but nothing stunning ...."items & things" is excellent track cause it's different , also "bay of figs" is great ...
i don't like all tracks some of them sound too "heavily" too "annoying" for me ,sound same ...like previous album they were 3 track's I liked and at that time it was something little bit different and that was enough to bought a record ... i think that's the same situation whit this new album...
when i think now the best things that comes from MINUS are berg nixon ,josh wink(ep) ,minus extension(barem especcialy), ....all others are also great like loco dice or min2max ...25 bitches but maybe toooooo often played like mathew johnson "decompression" which was and still is excellent track but .... maybe we need to stop playing those tracks for a while and whit no doubt for about few months they will be "in the mood again"....:)