kaoss pad 2 ??? anyone have it?

- ask away
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

kaoss pad 2 ??? anyone have it?

Post by mlexicon »

im thinking about getting it, but was wondering anyone own personal deal with it?....u like it?...what do you use in combination with?...pretty much anything....

i want to use it in conjunction with a live pa, but am wondering if this is not worth the trouble if im gonna do everything in ableton and can use the effects in there....or do you think the kps effects are worth it....anything..let me know

or maybe theres a better fx thingy out there that i dont know about?

let me know
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Just a gimmick. You're better off investing in a really nice fx processor (more money though). I use an Alesis Midiverb 4. It's pretty cheap to buy and while doesn't offer arrays of layered fx, it's got really nice reverbs and delays and other things that I don't bother with. And best of all, it's all midi'd up so you could hook up a midi controller of some sort and have it to control all the parameters. Hell, get any fx processor with midi support like that and find some kinda touchpad midi controller (I dunno if there are any others besides the expensive crazy cool lemur though).
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

i know is behringer, bla bla, but i like some of their stuff, at a good price too. this looks cool...delay, lfo fx, 3 filter types, a sampler,,,$99.00

http://www.behringer.com/DFX69/index.cfm?lang=ENG

i had a kaoss pad 1, and it had some neat tricks like instant reverse, but the fx sounded quite muddy/gritty.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

better deal than kaos... but i'd stay away from the toy fx. get something real.. save a little longer.. it'll pay off

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
kevin h
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kevin h »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:get something real.. save a little longer.. it'll pay off
like this :lol:

re-501
bawww..........beep-beep
gan_on
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gan_on »

i've heard nothing but good stuff about the kaoss pad2, its a nice little effect box to use for your dj sets and live acts, as studio gear i'd get a better one.
From Shadow Moses?"
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

the big pity about the kaosspad is its loopsampler that processes audio in mono (and 33khz i think). the rest of the fx appears rather useless to me, well i'm sick of phasers and flangers in dj sets, the filters are quite harsh, i'm missing the topnotch buy argument.

í'd personally stick to that cool little loopsampler (which name i forgot), get a quality filter or go to a music store and check out other reasonably priced multi fx with a suitable interface.

i wish there was a good, small, lightweight and easily accessible multi effect including a good dynamics section (compression/limiter)...
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

kevin h wrote:
theclockstrucktwelve wrote:get something real.. save a little longer.. it'll pay off
like this :lol:

re-501
now that's a machine allright =) ... prefer the 201 though, even though the 501 got sound on sound.