Cool way to do radio

- open
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Cool way to do radio

Post by Sneaky »

http://www.pandora.com/
So a friend told me about this site - just follow the directions (put in choosen artist and bam they play songs in that similar genre) i thought it was cool maybe you will to :P
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

a good idea likes, gave it a whirl , but I put in Heiko Laux and it assaulted me with a tirade of naff ibiza style house and trance, almost, but not quite ;)

can see where they are coming from, I guess it will refine as time goes on.

I've been trying out last fm/audio scrobbler of late, that seems to do similar but on a far more targetted level, not really scratched the surface with it tho, I'm a total noob :)
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Saw this some time ago. Just tried it again.

Went from Plastikman to terrible old trance to some ok techno, to super fast tribal techno to boards of canada.

It's tough to please us folks 'cuz it's all the same to them pop-oriented folk. But it would be nice if someone got it right just once.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

it seems that their friends only listen to mainstream sh!t. too bad.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I like the idea you can click on the guide us button at the bottom and choose to never play that song again on your choosen radio stattion - i think by putting alittle work into what you're listening to you eventually get the right songs ;) I put in Richie Hawtin (mostly because he is so well known) and am getting tracks from artists such ricardo, audion, and nathan fake and the sort so yeah it works pretty good.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

tried dopplereffekt and jeff mills and got "no such artist" and some crappy guitar music and gave up :P
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...