Why Jeff Milligan is a better DJ than you.

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

you know

I can flick crossfaders and nudge records and all that

but atleast when he does it - it sounds good :P *laugh*

topnotch - very impressive.
hydrostatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hydrostatic »

cool thanks man, great videos...too bad they're so short
poshpol
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by poshpol »

where can I download a dj set of his?
The voice of God has spoken.
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

adam wrote:As I said on another thread, he doesn't get enough respect. There's kids running around saying "I love minimal techno music. I make it and play it and it's great", all the while he's basically responsible for the proliferation of the whole minimal sound in Canada... some of the first minimal i've ever heard back in the day was apparently work of his. There's a handful of people whose names come up over and over again as being important in this scene's history but Jeff Milligan's name should be right at the top.. him and a couple others should be considered "top 3".

this man can`t get enough credit!!!
hell, he has been 2 times this year in holland: first time 25 people, second time i think a 100 maybe, more or less. It`s a damn shame, i love his style of mixing, his choice in records. can`t understand why nobody knows him..
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

That was hot.
Aleksi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aleksi »

minimal should be played creativily like this..
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Great stuff...but I think it should be better beat matcher...not better dj...there are more ways than one to skin a cat and I'm sure there are those who would argue there are better "djs" on two decks than him...It doesn't matter what you do technically at the end of the night...It just matters how it sounds and who the hell dances...But I like what milligan does and Love his records...So much respect to that...and yeah he is better than most...
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Measax wrote:Great stuff...but I think it should be better beat matcher...not better dj...there are more ways than one to skin a cat and I'm sure there are those who would argue there are better "djs" on two decks than him...It doesn't matter what you do technically at the end of the night...It just matters how it sounds and who the hell dances...But I like what milligan does and Love his records...So much respect to that...and yeah he is better than most...
This is exactly why he's a better dj... he doesn't just "beatmatch". That's kids learning how to dj stuff. It's the first step. He's technical. He does wild things with music that most people cannot or wouldn't think to do behind the decks.