high frequency noise from my monitors?

- ask away
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

high frequency noise from my monitors?

Post by kujoma »

Hey

i got ALESISK M1 Active MK2 and if i have them on Volume 8/10 (normal workathmospheaer) and no sound is played at all the make some high frequency noise. What can that be? They are not older then 2 months!

Maybe my crapy old onboard Soundchip from Nvidia?
--

skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: high frequency noise from my monitors?

Post by skept »

kujoma wrote:Maybe my crapy old onboard Soundchip from Nvidia?
that is where i'd be pointing my finger of blame. my on board, stock soundcard hums. i think it picks up noise from the computer because i could hear the harddrive when i recorded on it previously.
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Ok so i don't have to worry about my monitors. :)
--

edin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by edin »

sound card is the problem...
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

There is a fix for that... I had that problem with an older laptop I was using just to download with, but only when it was plugged in... I got a ground converter for the power supply...If you are in the usa I know this works...You may have something similar overseas...What you have to do is get a peace that fits on the power cord over the prongs and takes away the ground...I know it has to be this sort of problem because even if you got a stand alone audio device like a fw 410 or ultralite you will have a hum due to the ground...It has something to do with an open link in the circuit. SO take away the ground and you may take away the hummm...It worked for me...This is also why most studios have special devices that power goes through (converters or condensors- I'm bad with terms)...we picked one of those up for 50 at gc used....Its worth a try...
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

have a look at the ground lifting thread
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

thanks a lot
--

accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

i had the same problem with the same monitors so i adjusted the i/o settings on my external presonus inspire 1394. once i turned the audio in's all the way down it went away.