Jan Jelinek

jar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jar »

also records as Gramm. His tracks under this alias have appeared on Dusseldorf's Background & on Scape. Really cool tracks, as well as his recordings as The Exposures makes good listening! :D
danielf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by danielf »

@ tic tac

As far i know this is the story of Pole, who used his waldorf polfilter which created random clicks since it fell down once.

But nevertheless Jan Jelinek is one of my favorite producers and i love his productions. only the new album is not 100% my taste.
I would recommend the Gramm album on Source Records to anyone who haven't heard it yet :!:

----
: I heard a story about Jan. The story says: It all started one day when he was working his gear. One of his P-filter broke down and generated a plesant noise. He started working the noise and... there it was "The Click"

Can we call him one of the founders?
bobdelux
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bobdelux »

"Music to Interogate By" from his La Nouvelle Pauvreté lp makes me want to shoot heroin and play my trumpet. genious!
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

danielf wrote:@ tic tac

As far i know this is the story of Pole, who used his waldorf polfilter which created random clicks since it fell down once.

But nevertheless Jan Jelinek is one of my favorite producers and i love his productions. only the new album is not 100% my taste.
I would recommend the Gramm album on Source Records to anyone who haven't heard it yet :!:

----
: I heard a story about Jan. The story says: It all started one day when he was working his gear. One of his P-filter broke down and generated a plesant noise. He started working the noise and... there it was "The Click"

Can we call him one of the founders?
Yeah, still listening to that LP on Source.. lovely
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
bratpfanne
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bratpfanne »

hmm, i really like the new album too, beautiful modern krautrock stuff !!
wuerzet
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

jan jelinek

Post by wuerzet »

can't find words...I think my no.1..but for me much better Jelinek recorded as Farben (espacially clicky "starbox compilation"). from Jelinek's stuff you should listen ep:avec the exposures"-especially "if's and's and but's"[/b]
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

haha, every time I see his name I think of Geoffrey Jellinek..

"Simmer down Stu. We all know you have a beef but PLEASE, quit stirring things up."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
silentstorm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by silentstorm »

v404 wrote:haha, every time I see his name I think of Geoffrey Jellinek..

"Simmer down Stu. We all know you have a beef but PLEASE, quit stirring things up."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jan Jelink is definately my favourite artist. Yet I agree about his last "kosmischer Pitch" album, didnt do it that much for me. But Farben stuff is absolutely fantastic - almost unbeatable, loop finding jazz a milestone, gramm stuff superb. what else to add. hope he will contiue with the Farben stuff. Hope the last album has not be a turning point, in the sense that he wont continue the other projects. anyone has any farben livesets by any chance to share?