what do you think about teh xbase09?

- ask away
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

deccard wrote:the new jomox sounds great. and its sounding much better getting the right bassdrum from the jomox for your track than trying to tweak a sample or building a track around a sampled bd.
just test the jomox.
I've used the real thing and the jomox(es) and I'm not saying that it's a bad machine, I'm just saying that I personally feel that it is a bit of waste of money, and especially if you're a beginner... what goes for sampling kicks I got no problem with that. when I program my drum sounds I always sample everything... it will get 'sampled' anyway sooner or later anyway ;) - but sure, sampling a kick and then starting to change the pitch of the sample might not be a good idea as it will loose its dynamics sort of, if that's what you meant deccard? and I don't think you need to build your track around it, there's so much 909/808 sample-packs out there... just pick the one you need. :)

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or so, I simply just don't consider that it's worth that much money, after all - it's quite limited and it is possible to make very deep kicks without a jomox, 808, 909 or whatever. [clichè-alert] sometimes the grass isn't that much greener on the side. [/clichè-alert]
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

sure. i wouldn´t recommend a beginner that machine just for the sake of it but it is surely recommendable peace of gear if you want to buy/use a drummachine :D
techno made me do it
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

deccard wrote:sure. i wouldn´t recommend a beginner that machine just for the sake of it but it is surely recommendable peace of gear if you want to buy/use a drummachine :D
allright, then we level... =)