[CA] Mutek 2006 | 31-05/01-06 | Montreal

any
Conradaroma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Conradaroma »

I thought I would relay a little story here, because it is quite pleasant in regards to this festival, the whole DJing thing, and my plans to go there this summer.

I have a number of DJ friends, hobby DJ friends here in Calgary. Because of hanging around with them and one friend in particular, I decided to pick up some CDJ's to fool about with, and I've managed to find my way into playing minimal techno because of the last time Richie Hawtin came to town and I danced a solid sober three hours to that cool sh!t he was playing.

Well, I played a set at my first big house party this past weekend. I started at 4:30 in the morning, I was originally intending to play some quirkier mellower stuff, but when the Breaks DJ ended at 4:30 and there were still like 30 or 40 people still hoppin' in the tiny little house, I had to change my gameplan...

My first track of the night was the new Troy Pierce 25 bitches, the next was magda's 48 hour crack in your bass. My set was off, and the place was rocking...woohoo! A few other tracks in there that I've really liked, and I managed to keep the dancefloor packed until 6:00 in the morning, at which point I was getting cheers from friends and other people who I had never even met before.

Now, today, after getting some sleep, I've checked the Mutek lineup, and what do I see as an outdoor show on sunday afternoon? Magda vs. troy Pierce, Marc Houle (also played some of this on saturday night), and Richie Hawtin + a special guest.

Hot Damn! I am so excited for Mutek now because of this show. My cheers go out to the folks putting this on, and I can't wait to come and check it out. you are making one Calgarian super happy to be coming out to experience some Electronic heaven. :)

See ya there!
Conradaroma aka. Kippler
Teleportation Now!
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

29 days and counting..tick tock tick..toooock..ti*huff* ck..Tock..*huff* Cough Cough..2 reasons to hit up Montreal this year..1 ofcourse..Mutek..2:0 That pizzaria that has a deal on 3 medium 2 topping Gargantunaughts!! for 10 or so bucks..

The laughs ..the cries..the flirting..the whirling..the dancing..the walking..the "where the hell are you on?"my cell phone..and ofcourse of course the innovative sounds rumbling through my body on the way to the washroom..lots of Bass is not good for my bowels..I kid i kid..
Yeah the music. :lol:
-Layborn-
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Someone is going to this festival with cam & comp?
:roll:
kh4n
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kh4n »

-ix wrote:Someone is going to this festival with cam & comp? :roll:
no. we'll be too busy dancing and getting wasted to blog or take pictures. ;)
PANOSPRIA >> Home Page :: Twitter :: YouTube :: Facebook :: SoundCloud :: Vimeo
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

kh4n wrote:
-ix wrote:Someone is going to this festival with cam & comp? :roll:
no. we'll be too busy dancing and getting wasted to blog or take pictures. ;)
yeah..I concur ..I just ordered a new liver to take on the plane..offically the party starts there..;)
-Layborn-
kh4n
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kh4n »

Anyone attending any of the workshops?
PANOSPRIA >> Home Page :: Twitter :: YouTube :: Facebook :: SoundCloud :: Vimeo
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

I was thinking about attending this year.. I skipped out on the last couple and got hit by a guy on a bike instead while shopping (no word of a lie)

So I'll take that as full warning, and attend a workshop!
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
~missindra24~
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ~missindra24~ »

I just bought a mutek passport, so I will definetly be attending everything, this time around.

although, I have not even looked at what workshops are offered at this point.

One day at a time :D
I like it alot.