Poser

- open
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

pheek wrote:They say my label is not known enough, they were not supporting new/little labels anymore. I answered that with 40k+ visitors per month, they were absolutly right.
I find that pretty strange its not like it costs them allot of money to host a few songs for an unknown label. And what are the criteria to become accepted. Who decides if you are well known enough?

I wonder if the amount of money labels/artist get is higher at beatport because the generally have higher prices for their mp3's.

Maybe you can shed some light on that Pheek?
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Shady :(

@ Pheek, hardly inspiring for anyone to try and make an effort innit, that's very depressing to hear beatport's reasoning there, depressing indeed but good news about Kompakt, at least they understand more about what they are pushing I guess.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

ParanoidDancer wrote:Am I the only one who doesn’t understand what the manager of “loki 7” is saying?
you are not the only one. i could not make a bit of sense out of it.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

None of my music is being sold, all of my music is on free sites such as Acidplanet - so basically this guy downloaded the song for free from acidplanet and used it as his own - and Yes i have the original Reason file to prove it - I have contacted this guy because he is also the owner of the label in which he released this track on and Ive contacted Beatport to let them know as well. This was not a mistake this guy straight out stole my song.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Sneaky wrote:None of my music is being sold, all of my music is on free sites such as Acidplanet - so basically this guy downloaded the song for free from acidplanet and used it as his own - and Yes i have the original Reason file to prove it - I have contacted this guy because he is also the owner of the label in which he released this track on and Ive contacted Beatport to let them know as well. This was not a mistake this guy straight out stole my song.
I'm tempted to release your track on my label and sue their ass for you :D

lol
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

Hey Sneaky, glad you found the track. I can imagine, that a lot of producers are betrayed and don't even know it.

A producer on a Berlin based label had stolen a track and through lucky circumstances the labelheads found it out. I think he won't get any more gigs in Berlin 8)

In germany we have an idiom. It goes like this: "Ehrlichkeit währt am längsten!"

Something like "Honesty lasts the longest time!" :wink:
TroySilver
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by TroySilver »

This is my greatest fear about playing/posting any of my recorded material anywhere short of a DJ set or Live PA.

Someone like Pheek -- well-known with his own label, etc -- has less to worry about than the average joe like a lot of the guys on this site. He could probably post all his tracks on MySpace or here on Mnml.nl without worrying about people stealing your stuff.

Us little guys, on the other hand... you just never know who's DL'ing our tracks and telling their friends and fellow DJs that they made it. Before you know it, your sh!t is published somewhere else and they're riding your wave.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Cotumo wrote:"Ehrlichkeit währt am längsten!"
Hah! We have the exact same expression in Dutch :D

And Sneaky, that sh!t is just fucked up man.

Like Pheek said, can't you sue him or something?