MIN022 - 'Bear Bounces Back' - Troy Pierce Mix

- wax
minimise
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by minimise »

Just to respond to some comments:

In over six years and twenty releases on minimise, this is the first remix that has ever appeared. It is likely to be a long time again before there is another. Minimise has never been a label to follow the ->successful 12"->remix->remix->remix->remix model.

Red vinyl is significantly more expensive to produce and we have done a limited quantity which will not be re-pressed, hence the regular price. We have treated our first remix record as a special project and intended it to be a collector's item for fans of the label.

Of course, we can understand that some people will be upset at the idea of paying for a one sided release but at the end of the day no-one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy it :wink:

And, rather than being a cash-in as someone suggested, it is in fact a remix swap. Watch out for a remix of louderbach by donnacha on underl_ne later this year.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments. Good or bad we always want to hear them.

minimise
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Man, I guess I'm weird because I dig this record.. Yeah, it's sort of a slow groover but then again, so is Troy Pierce.. No gripes here.. bought it & enjoy it. Thanks!!
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

nevermind dude, i really like this one, it's even troy's first release that i like. it's even my favourite minimise, because for me those coloured series now sound a bit too much of the same and too 'electro-house'.

to hotspace&co: about it being one-sided, from how many of your 2, 3 or 4 track records do you play more than one side? for me half of my collection is one-sided so to speak :lol:
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
Oh, and all vinyl is really limited these days. Average minimal labels only do around 600-800 anyways so thats already limited. :)
good point too :lol:

i think ltd. just wants to say they won't repress it (rightaway)
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

I bought it. Nice track for lazy sundays...
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

i love this track. one of the best things i've heard this year. sounds like a remix should. excellent stuff.

and if the vinyl is too expensive, just buy it off beatport. problem solved.