Reason 3 is coming !

- ask away
daemon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Reason 3 is coming !

Post by daemon »

November 29 2004: Propellerhead Software hereby announce version 3.0 of our award winning music software system Reason. This update focuses on live playing and this new version will take Reason from the studio realm to the stage. Reason 3 comes packed with unique features that will make it a strong alternative to the hardware workstation synthesizer, whether for composing, producing or live playing.
Read more here:

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

looks feckin good with teh new gadgets...let's wait for the D day and see.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
IndigoRez
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by IndigoRez »

It would have been nice if they added more options to the sequencer IE more user friendly..I tend to loose frequency exporting the loops..I can't wait to play with the new gadjets.
:lol:
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

I agree, the sequencer is a bitch. I'm not sure if the new gear has any value to me though, apart from the new mastering suite...Cos right now in Reason 2.5 you need to do all kinds of strange tricks to get a nicer mix.
Johnatan Traffic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

date of release Reason v3.0

Post by Johnatan Traffic »

anybody an idea when reason v3.0 is commin' on the market?
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

I can usually get a good sound out of reason after a little work... I just wish there was a way to drag and drop a sample into a sequencer track in lieu of having to create a device to trigger it from...
IndigoRez
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by IndigoRez »

HMMM..that would be a great add-on. The ability to drop samples in from say redrum or effects would increase maximum productivity..
whoa? I sound like a nerd..WAIT i AM A NERD!!..
briananeurysm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by briananeurysm »

Renze wrote:I agree, the sequencer is a bitch. I'm not sure if the new gear has any value to me though, apart from the new mastering suite...Cos right now in Reason 2.5 you need to do all kinds of strange tricks to get a nicer mix.
I agree... and even the mastering suite... if you rewire cubase and reason, the masteringsuite is not necessary. I think the combinator is a good idea, but until i use it, i'm not too psyched up about it. The linemixer doesnt matter to me much since i use cubase.

i am glad they updated their filebrowser...that thing needed it for sure!

however, i just paid for a 3.0 upgrade for Cubase SX, and i'm really disappointed. it seems like all the things they've upgraded are things that i didnt necessarily need. a few things are kinda cute, but i'm not sure if it was worth the money i paid... especially since its not necessarily more stable than 2.0 ... seems like 3.0 shouldve been a 2.5 upgrade, but they needed the money.

however, based on what Reason 3.0 offers, i'm not sure that i'll lay down the extra money for the upgrade this time around. since all the dope upgrades already happened in 2.5 ... and that part was free for me.