building live abbleton sets

- ask away
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

building live abbleton sets

Post by Audio Dependent »

Whats the best way to get finnished tunes from reason into abbleton for live performances? Do people go back to the original loops and build up effects and filters to try and recreate the progressions live? Or is it better to export longer sections and worry bout the levels and eqs and adding extra effects?

any tips would be much appreciated :)
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

To get Reason tunes into live simply use rewire. Use "Reason" as Audio Input and simply records what you need. It's recommend to connect every device in reason to the hardwaredevice in reason so you have seperate Channels for every device in Live too. Thats the way i do it.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

what do u do when u want to switch to a different track? do you have to close reason and rewire a new rack?
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

kujoma wrote:To get Reason tunes into live simply use rewire. Use "Reason" as Audio Input and simply records what you need. It's recommend to connect every device in reason to the hardwaredevice in reason so you have seperate Channels for every device in Live too. Thats the way i do it.
nice one, cheers mate. i'm new to abbleton and i always end up doing things the long way round to start with. thats so much easier and quicker! :D
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

it all depends how "live" you want it to be.
the longer the sections your exporting and rearranging in ableton the less live control you have, the shorter sections, the more control you have,. and you can trully re-create your studio tracks in a live situation.

the way i've used live playing live (in special performances for myself only) are by having a 32 bar loopp set in ableton, and then triggering loops as i go, this way theres no arrangement in place when i start. so it is more live. and more fun if you ask me, and it will never sound the same twice, so you can have a set, and play it numerous times differently.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

If you change to a different track in live you have to set up the rewire connections to the hardware device new of course. It's good to have some kinda preset in live (1 channel bd, 1 for snare, percusions etc) so you have not the same work ever and ever again. The way you do this is a question of taste and of youre workflow.
[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [ññP] »

for your problem....i'd recomend that you shouldn't complicate things. So if you already used "long" effects in reason (as reverb), then export bigger loops, i don't think it's worth to try and rebuild the sound with other software...
What is usefull is keeping this problem in mind for the next time you start producing, so that you start using effects in live or other vsts that you can load there.
And it should be nice to have a "dry" sample of that reason sound you had with fxs...so if you get another idea while playing live, you can just drop the dry sample, and apply the idea.
que son esos ruiditos?