a little Reason theory required

- ask away
Luka
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

a little Reason theory required

Post by Luka »

Just wondering if any of you guys could answer my question
im having a little problem with reason and i would like to know why its happening not just an alternative method (but would appretiate as well)

Using Reason 3.0

I am building a pattern using Matrix for Subtractor and want multiple layers. The first is using a resolution of 1/16 with 16 steps. The second is using 1/4 and even though i have it set for 16 steps when i initiate the track it pulls the steps down to 8

alternatively when i start the components without starting the track the step count remains at 16

What is this weird relationship between step count and resolution? It seems an odd quirk
problemchild
melbourne australia

http://www.myspace.com/problemcreations
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

glitch maybe...
Unclean
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Unclean »

provaznik: lol, so its positive result :]

Luka: Try to look at sequencer.... maybe you have set A1 on the startup and its always set to default when you start...If you know abou sequencing Matrix, sry .]
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

Luke: Could you please email me at daniel[at]mnml.nl, my PM is stuffed at the moment :wink:
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

having the matrix pulled down to 98 steps... that sounds like you've got a loop set that is shorter than 16 steps at 1/4.

easy solution.

copy first matrix pattern to track for sub. then have matrix connected to sub and add second layer and repeat process until you've built your layers.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05