Post by mlexicon »

this needs a bump...someonees bound to want to know quite soon
signatures suck
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

steevio wrote:
duckett wrote:dont make music on headphones through choice, if u can use your monitors, use them. HEADPHONES ARE A HEALTH RISK, but its worth it.
well said duckett, do everything you can to avoid headphones, ive got really bad tinnitus from using headphones over the years, they will trash your ears eventually.
monitors are the only way if its an option.
everything at too high volume will trash your ears, from headphones to boxes to monitor to going to clubs without ear protection.

that being said heaphones are really the most easy way to fck up the hearing, since by using headphones you have all the sound pressure at a couple of centimeters to your eardrum and hair cells, this is a mayor fuckup for hearing.

When i compose I have max 60 dB, most of the time between 40 and 50 (yes, like when you talk at a normal volume) because i don't want to fck up my ears and secondly because if hear a balance between sounds at 40 dB it will be the same at 90.
When I mix I sometimes crank up to 90-100 to place kick and bassline togehter, this is usually done in less than one minute, then all the way down to 60 til I am satisfied with the mix, then I maybe hear the entire track at 90 dB, by doing this I make 10 hours sessions during which I am very loud for not even half an hour.

Some years ago i didn't care about hearing, now I have a tinnitus as a thank you from my ears, I have to say that after two years of ear protection the tinnitus is now fading away I only hear it if around me there is total silence, but at the beginning my tinnitus was really loud.