Using VST as external delay

- ask away
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Using VST as external delay

Post by jspr »

I want to do the following but i need to set up AudioHiJack to do it, but i'm stuck....

Send signal from my Xone -> Aux/Rec in from my FS2 scratchamp -> tru AudioHiJack with a Lexicon Psp delay VST plugin -> back in the scratchamp -> headpnone out in my return signal

I know it has to work in some way to use your laptop as a "mobile effect machine" while Final Scratch is running. My PB has enough power to do it. Maybe there is an easier programm to do it maybe?
Ryszard Blvck
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ryszard Blvck »

i dont quite understand the whole 'audiohijack' buisness but then again i have no idea what it is.........

the best way to use your lappy as an external Fx machine would be to use ableton.....you can route the signal from the scratchamp into 2 separate ins on Live5...then back out into your xone mixer.....this opens up a load of possibilities to use many vst FX inside ableton. you would also need to run a program like loopBeMidi so traktor and live5 stay in sync, this way the delay vsts will be easier to manage......

of course the downside to this is that you'd need a decent external soundcard with at least 4ins/outs. also a pretty hefty lappy....i have it all running perfectly on a P4 3ghz desktop so it should be ok on a decent macbook. dunno if any of this helps at all. :roll: