Richie Hawtin

shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

I thought hawtin was never terribly well known for 'great mixing' on records, and thus his whole love of abelton and custom midi controllers to do mixing on laptops/computers/etc?

Not to say that thats a bad thing - I love what he does with that stuff. While I'm fairly new to techno/EDM/etc in general and 'dont know the history' and all that, I just always got the impression that hawtin was never terribly well known for tight mixing with vinyl.

*shrug*
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

he's actually a great dj, one of the best imo, he does a lot behind the decks, such as on the fly looping, and the tradmark crazy delay fx breakdown. ritchie breaks it down unlike any other, while most people are content with mixing really tight, he is melting techno into pure sonic mayhem.
artmaster
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by artmaster »

Anybody know?
What the track playing Richie Hawtin... in connected 3... from 3m:15s
http://www.m-nus.com/DOWNLOAD/VIDEO_POD ... ECTED3.zip
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by smith »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:It sucks to spend over a thousand dollars to fly to Miami and enjoy the conference and hear great music, but instead you find a lot of spoiled DJs taking the piss and putting little effort into it.
Perhaps the WMC is not the best place to go to hear talent behind the decks?
I've never had any interest in that cesspool of a conference. Even the anti-WMC events are kind of lame, but I guess if I lived/made art in Miami (i.e. schematic crew) I want to issue a big fck you to the "global dance music community."
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

The last few times Ive seen Richie he has been out of this world. Especially at Lost in London, and at Fabric last time he was there. Even though he did say the night at Lost was the highlight of his career, and then at the next time in Fabric he was crying after his set, so maybe I have been spoiled and seen him at his very best. :D

When your at that level, it doesnt matter about beat matching, nobody cares when your that excited of the next track
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

532nm wrote:. ritchie breaks it down unlike any other, while most people are content with mixing really tight, he is melting techno into pure sonic mayhem.
i was trying to find this post ages ago to show someone. great description...and so true 8)
em-j
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by em-j »

hawtin has changed my life on more than one occaision and i'm sure there's more to come.......truly a fucking pro
system
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by system »

i've been Richie Hawtin's party at Spirit, NYC. The sound that coming out of this man is outstanding!!! I was under pressure of low Frequencies, it was sick!!