Reaktor

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Reaktor

Post by ::BLM:: »

Is there anyway to convert the Grooveboxes Audio into MIDI?? For example when press play on a groovebox i can only seem to bounce it down as audio and not use it as a MIDI file. Anyway to get around this??
harvoir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Reaktor

Post by harvoir »

::BLM:: wrote:Is there anyway to convert the Grooveboxes Audio into MIDI?? For example when press play on a groovebox i can only seem to bounce it down as audio and not use it as a MIDI file. Anyway to get around this??
Good question. You can trigger the individual sounds from a midi keyboard but not the individual patterns.

Or can you?

T.S.O.D may know, he seems like a bit of an expert with Reaktor.
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

:D

well i dont think this is possible as reaktor only has audio outputs and no specific function for that
but teach me if i'm wrong
another way could be to export it as audio and then use external audio-to-midi tools.. but i never got the desired results from it

edit: hmm i found a way to do this but therefor you'll have to edit the structure of an ensemble and put midi-out modules behind the sequencer's output (e.g. a note pitch/gate module).. then you can selected reaktor as input on a miditrack in your host-sequencer and just record..
but as most sequencers in reaktor grooveboxes dont send pitch signals you'll just get the gate signals.. but probably that helpes though

cheers
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

what he said, but it's difficult unless your familiar with the structures behind reaktor.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

You can record the samples and use it in a normal sampler. (guess it's what tsod means?)
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

kujoma wrote:You can record the samples and use it in a normal sampler. (guess it's what tsod means?)
no, he meant editing the structure of the ensemble which is rather advanced stuff. This way you can have midi running into reaktor or rather reaktor inputing into your midi channel in your host.

...or at least thats what I took from it, and the way I'd tackle that problem.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
harvoir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by harvoir »

kenada wrote:
kujoma wrote:You can record the samples and use it in a normal sampler. (guess it's what tsod means?)
no, he meant editing the structure of the ensemble which is rather advanced stuff. This way you can have midi running into reaktor or rather reaktor inputing into your midi channel in your host.

...or at least thats what I took from it, and the way I'd tackle that problem.
....this is gettin' heavy now. Only just getting to grips with the basics at the moment.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

It is possible to do like tsod stated, just its a pain in the arse as you have to do a load of re-wiring. Going from Reason to Cubase again seems daunting, takes a lot more time to get something down in Cubase which annoys me slightly.