mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Mathias Lexicon - The Number Five

Post by mlexicon »

kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

might wanna trim a few db off the kick it's pretty dominant. but fck me this tune is great, very nice stuff. it has a great groove, that builds and really draws my ears in. this has a great flow, and nice subtle movement. snare sounds great, very clean and bright. I'd want to be eqing the vocals so they sit a bit brighter in the mix, maybe try boosting the 5-8khz area, to bring out the sparkle in them - and their reverb too.

very nice work indeed.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

8)
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Alex semko
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Alex semko »

...good stuff man. Really like it. Good space in the track (if you know what I mean). Personally I think the snare is a little too loud but I'm listening on headphones so might not really be an issue. Good movement overall - like the arrangement a lot. Sounds and fx are great too.

maybe a cl hat could pick up the pace later on? you can save it for the remix though!!!

:wink:
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Hey man. Yeah from the off the kick is rather overpowering, something thats been addressed before with your tracks. :wink: But apart from that its excellent, the snare really packs a punch and I personally like that. Funky as hell because of it. The fx are nice, like the vocal too. Damn that snare is still making this one awesome. Typical Mathias style too, good to see you have a nailed trademark sound.

Soild production mate. :)
forcesupreme
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by forcesupreme »

Great stuff! You really know how to get a good 808 sound in your tracks.

As Alex mentioned, the snare is a bit too loud.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Listening nooooow - diggin the beats - super nice arrangement - lets ya sink into the groove, dig the echo vox thingy going on w00t - track seems to have lots of breaks or pauses in it which i like cause its like oh here we go no oh and we go again no oh and yes nice... as far as eq im not sure if ya changed anything since last peps reviews but sounds good on my speaks - but then again my speaks may suck so who knows - got two old ass home speakers and two little monitors kickin the bleeps... overall i like the track alot definitely goes the way of the minimal stuff ive been buying as of late, so yes i would purchase this :)
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

As usual - great work