POPKAN + LINEAS DE NAZCA LIVE at der Schall NEXT week!

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

sharon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

POPKAN + LINEAS DE NAZCA LIVE at der Schall NEXT week!

Post by sharon »

It is an honour for me to show you the artists that we'll have at der Schall next week.

If you had thought that you listened to everything you could listen... I'm sure you haven't listened to this.

The first hour will be Popkan with a set of absolutely dynamic vibe.

Tom Erdmann aka Popkan began his electronic expedition after witnessing Green Velvet and others at underground parties on Chicago’s southside. From there he picked up a part-time job to support his new addiction to electronic music production and sampling. With neighbourhood friend Matthew, the two combined studios and began playing at raves and house parties all over the windy city. Due to time and interest conflicts, the duo took their studios solo, but continue to push each other’s music further.

With a new start, and a new vision; Popkan began from scratch. The objective: Keep the dance-floor moving in a way that’s fun and interesting. He went to work on his most recent sound ranging from deep dark techno to funky minimal house. In 2002, Tom gained local recognition with Chicago’s Meiotic Promotions. From there he found himself playing live PA’s at some of Chicago’s hottest underground clubs like the Smartbar, Sonotheque and the abbey pub. In 2005 he landed himself a net release on the Textone label out of Berlin as well as Clevermusic out of London. He continues to perform live pa’s of extreme enthusiasm, hearing is only the half of it.

www.popkan.com

And the second hour: Líneas de Nazca, part of the great german label Eintakt with a fucking LIVE amazing PA set.

Lineas de Nazca it's a Mexico City's electronic live act project, composed by Luca Ortega and Jeronimo Puente, both of them have been part of the Mexico underground since early 90's, performing under different names and projects, in the year 2001 they launch Lineas de Nazca, a project designed to explore and give a flow to the sound within.

Since then Luca and Jerga have been all over Europe bringing the sound of today's Mexico underground electronic movement, from clandestine techno parties in Berlin's warehouses to multimedia festivals in Barcelona and open air parties in Mexico and Sweden.

Lineas de Nazca sound is dense, minimal tech funk; spiced with twisted sampling, creating endless rhythmic structures. Their sound picked up Eintakt’s attention, Berlin's minimal label, in summer 2005 they release "Calzada de los Misterios" e.p., with excellent critics in De:Bug magazine by Bleed, plus charts on Groove magazine by Falko Brocksieper (Sub Statics) Luciano (Candenza, Peacefrog) and Hardwax Berlin on their top 10 listing.

Upcoming releases from this Mexican freaks include new Eintakt release "El Jardin de las Delicias" with rmxs from Mikael Stavostrand, Jacek Sienkiewicz and Einklang Freier Frequenzen to be out at the end of march, plus Luciano's Sci Fi Hi Fi new mix compilation on Soma.

www.eintakt.de
www.mutek.com.mx

You can catch my show called der Schall next WEDNESDAY, March 22th, airing at 9am EST | 8am CST | 2pm GMT at www.mercurysessions.com

you better tune in! :D
Last edited by sharon on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.myspace.com/sharonschael
www.sharonschael.com

There are no punishments or rewards in nature, only consequences.
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

that seems to be a great forthcoming show, i'll try not to miss it.
thank you Sharon! :D
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
Flopi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Flopi »

sharon wrote:you better tune in! :D
:wink:
Yggdrasil
*... ... ...*
Leo10
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Leo10 »

sounds like a show to me!

big ups for lineas de nazca, we expect to get into the party monkey business down here soon Luca!

...oh, and Popkan is ok too.. hahaha keep on rockin dudes!

Love

Leo & The Hot Chile Crew
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I'll be at work at 9am :( hope maybe someone will post the sets in here later :)
! D u D e !
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ! D u D e ! »

:twisted:

Those Nazca guys rock...are the sets gonna be posted?
Malas Vais
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

woo hoo!

:arrow: :!:
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

[mp3] Popkan-Live on Der Schall 22-3-06