Heiko Laux

AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Heiko Laux

Post by AVX23 »

Sighs......

Hmmmm - still lively :)

Kept me company on a train journey yesterday and made me feel all fluffy inside.

The Villalobos mixes of Moved also been hitting the spot recently.

How I have searched for live sets of his, and how I have failed :(

Always been a fan of Mr Laux, but lateley - his music has been all I've been listening too.
monokreck
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Heiko Laux

Post by monokreck »

AVX23 wrote:Sighs......

Hmmmm - still lively :)

Kept me company on a train journey yesterday and made me feel all fluffy inside.

The Villalobos mixes of Moved also been hitting the spot recently.

How I have searched for live sets of his, and how I have failed :(

Always been a fan of Mr Laux, but lateley - his music has been all I've been listening too.
I played with him 2 weeks ago, the sets will be online in a few days... i'll keep you posted....
www.monokreck.com / www.mnmldjs.com
o my god, it's techno music !
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Still lively is an AMAZING record. I play it with the newer minimal bullshit hits and people often come up to ask what the heiko record is. Both tracks are really nice. He just released a retrospect 2LP called "Spread" that is a must for any heiko fan as well. His record on Synewave is also a great minimal record...maybe too beatin' for most people on here though.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Love synwave man - awesome label :)

Been playing that sorta thing since I were a kid - my fave is the double with Damon Wild and Steve Stoll - total classic, sadly I lost it to an old flatmate :(

@ Monokrek - please do kep us informed man - I've been dying to hear one of his sets for some time, but all I've seen are dead links.

Incidentally - did anyone feel that the EP release of Still liveley was better than the album version - offshore funk ? I loved some of the tracks on that album, but was a little dissapointed with in in general - just felt like a total come down from the Still Liveley EP, still - I won't gripe - it did push in some interesting directions - particularly the jazz elements.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I don't know, I was never much of a fan of Offshore Funk project, but their new remix on the upcoming joel mull for kanzleramt is pretty good.

I actually have a set or two of Heiko Laux's, but they're pretty fast and bangin'...don't know if you're into that kind of thing. Definitely not minimal...

EDIT: http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18DN ... WJZNO0YFHQ

There you go. Heiko Laux @ Awakenings 2004
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I don't know, I was never much of a fan of Offshore Funk project, but their new remix on the upcoming joel mull for kanzleramt is pretty good.

I actually have a set or two of Heiko Laux's, but they're pretty fast and bangin'...don't know if you're into that kind of thing. Definitely not minimal...

EDIT: http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18DN ... WJZNO0YFHQ

There you go. Heiko Laux @ Awakenings 2004
You sir are a god :) thank you !

On the subject of banging and fast - yeah man - I love that kinda stuff, to be honest - I'd always thought of hardbeat techno as being minimal - it's all stripped down DJ tool type stuff I guess - so yeah - I think of a lot of stuff as being minimal, in fact - it's weird but I don't think a lot of the so called minimal stuff I hear folk going on about is really that minimal, but it's all subjective I guess - I mean - I always thought of Synwave as being a minimal label for example, i think part of the problem (if it is a problem) is that a lot of folk will discover they like electronic stuff as part of this minimal revolution that's been going on - it's kinda become a new buzzword and a lot of newer listeners will pick up on folk like villalobos, hawtin, zip, sammy Dee, whoever - without realizing the minimal is simply a descriptive word - I mean Villalobos doesn't make minimal music IMO - he makes multi layered, heavilly textured stuff often littered with real instruments and the likes, whereas someone like damon wild , Steve Stoll or Mike dearborne tracks are very stripped down drum tracks, to me - that's more minimal and that's where it comes from - so yeah - might be banging and fast - but still minimal in my book.

In fact - I'll go oen further - it's all techno in my book :) heh heh, maybe that's what I should have said in the first place.

Got that file BTW - listening to it now :)
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I agree with you completely.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Listening to this now, really cool :)

Is it live or DJ ? I'd heard he only does live, but then - I've never seen him in the flesh so I don't know.