[PAL039] John Tejada - The end Of It All - Palette

- wax
missie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by missie »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:He is definitely a bad ass but lets be honest, he's slightly overrated.
you took the words right out of my mouth
Lick the Click!
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

it says "don't let the title fool you" guys !!!

overrated, i don't know, just quantity over quality atm if you ask me. and too much electro house :P
flesh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by flesh »

Side A = really cool!
great stuff!
8)
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

f3d4r wrote:it says "don't let the title fool you" guys !!!

overrated, i don't know, just quantity over quality atm if you ask me. and too much electro house :P

Yeah, I agree w/ this sentiment. I don't think Tejada is at all overrated but as of late he's been making some rather mediocre tunes.. For Tejada at least. He can crank out gems when he wants but lately they've been of the run-of-the-mill clubby electrohouse breed a la his new Poker Flat. But then again, it's Poker Flat. Which IMO is generally "run-of-the-mill club fodder."
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

v404 wrote:
f3d4r wrote:it says "don't let the title fool you" guys !!!

Yeah, I agree w/ this sentiment. I don't think Tejada is at all overrated but as of late he's been making some rather mediocre tunes.. For Tejada at least. He can crank out gems when he wants but lately they've been of the run-of-the-mill clubby electrohouse breed a la his new Poker Flat. But then again, it's Poker Flat. Which IMO is generally "run-of-the-mill club fodder."
His best stuff usually comes from Palette and when Justin Maxwell is involved. That poker flat record he just released sounds like every other steve bug record.
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:lets be honest, he's slightly overrated.
common man,the word "overrated" just doesnt suitable for this man.
it happens when each artist catch his/her top career point and after that everyone judge and compare him with that best works.
just check his I'M NOT A GUN project,he's real musician
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I stick by what I say. He might be a really good musician outside of the minimal/techno/house spectrum but that doesn't pertain to what I was speaking about. As far as the whole minimal/house trend goes, once it got big he got bigger as well. He's always made GOOD records, but few GREAT records in my eyes. He is better than the majority of the sh!t coming out these days.
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

john tejada - timebomb on seventh city, anyone??? i remember liking the man's work before all this minimal bandwagon crap 8) and then he started producing for poker flat. hick.

still, his earlier stuff with arian leviste is awesome, and also his 'i'm not a gun' project.