RIP fabric, London

- open
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

RIP fabric, London

Post by soapz »

Today, the team behind Fabric and the opposing police force of London met at the Islington Town Hall to debate and decide upon the future of the esteemed nightclub...

Unfortunately, after over six hours of debate and review, the committee decided that "searches were inadequate and in breach of the license". Fabric's license will be revoked and the club will be forced to close permanently.
http://mixmag.net/read/fabric-news

Can't believe it. Absolutely gutted! Had some of the best nights of my life in that place, as i'm sure many others did :(
Harry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: RIP fabric, London

Post by Harry »

It's only really just hit me today what a massive loss to London's underground nightlife and culture this really is.

The people behind the closing really have no idea!
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

slowly the real places die ... sad day ...
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
dorothy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dorothy »

Really is a shame. The three counsellors who presided over fabric's fate were more interested in undercover police testimony than understanding the role fabric has played in pioneering safe clubbing in a wider context.

Fingers crossed the appeal yields something , but this should serve as a shock to Khan and others in positions of political power who care about the future of London's nightlife

Oh and plus , no more Treatment debut in Room 1. Real bummer.
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

Found this on the FB page of the Visionquest boys http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 29541.html
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

dorothy wrote: no more Treatment debut in Room 1. Real bummer.
Had tickets to that one, was supposed to be my first time in fabric :x
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

Devastated by the thought that I may never get to go fabric again, but don't any of you think its a bit sketchy to ask people for money like that ? Now i know they had their share of financial issues with Matter and all that business and I remember fabric was facing closure also due to bankruptcy a few years back but still ? They've been closed for only 6 weeks and they've ran out of £££ to fund their legal battle ? I've held a membership for ages and been going quite regularly over the years and now that I think about it, I've spent quite a bit in there. I don't want to come across as THAT GUY but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I mean they've had "6.75 million visitors" over the years, supported soo many up and coming Djs throughout the years who have gone on to become very successful and could help financially, not only by sharing the page on FB (and most of them will probably help out i hope) But now you are asking me for another tenner? Is this what it comes to at the end ?

What do you guys think ?