New monitors: Which one do I choose?

- ask away
JThoma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JThoma »

I've messed around on alot of different monitors before going with KRK RP-8's. They do push alot of bass but the frequency response is a little lower than alot of other monitors in it's size. Besides I think there are times when every producer wishes there monitors could go just a little bit lower, well you won't really have to worry about that with these. Front envelope porting is real nice too and other than a very quiet hum from the amp they sound unbelievable.

Anyone looking for some nice mid-range monitors that can drop about $500.00 I would very confidently tell you to buy them. Or you can get the Tannoy that are real nice too but almost twice as much money and not as large freq. response.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Seems a lot of people are into the KRKs here. They really are wicked. They don't even get reviewed in mags here in the UK, yet when I auditioned them they pissed on all others that were given recommendations. I'm glad I bought them - just like everyone else who did so. I mean, why mess about?
dsf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dsf »

PMC, Quested, ADAM, in this order
fiesta
bobdelux
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

i luv my k-rok v8s

Post by bobdelux »

been using mine for the past 3 years and i have no complaints..sturdy and they sound exclnt (bass freq are a lil hyped, but thats ok)..been thinking of selling these and getting some DynAudio BM5a or 6s...anybody listened to these?..sick!..

Room acoustics/treatment is important too.Im setting up my studio at my pops basement and deaden the fck out of it. ive been getting shitty sounding mixes from my living room studio.

if your on a budget alesis mk1s with alesis ra-100 amplifier..(check ebay...really cheap!!).

if youre loaded with cash...see previous post above.
orbnhoj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by orbnhoj »

been using the KRK V8's for about 2 years now. picked them up on ebay for 600 US for the pair. added the S10 sub little over a year ago. very nice near feild monitors, superb low-end and mid's and high's come thru nicely. even better after i added the sub, provides me a great bubble of sound. i'd say if you have the means, pick up some KRK's. just my 2 cents.
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

bobdelux, I've got a pair of Dynaudio's Bm5A and they are very very very damn good.. I highly suggust you grab a pair of those.. They are a pricey but well worth the money. Amazing sounds come out of those things.. 8)
bobdelux
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bobdelux »

i'll have them soon. just waitin' fo my hoes to give me my money.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that i compared KRK's against Mackie HR824s when i was buying my monitors, and the KRKs sounded boxey and were much less detailed than the mackies.
i bought the mackies, and love them.
a few people say the mackies have too much bass, i think thats nonsense.
ive had six different sets of monitors over the years, all fairly good quality, and the mackies are easily the best.