Best Soundsystems you've heard

- open
cbld
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Best Soundsystems you've heard

Post by cbld »

I know this is a beat to death topic, but I was wondering what some of the best soundsystems that you have heard. Recently moved to a city with decent nightlife, and have got to experience both funktion one and martin audio soundsystems, and just recently heard a void airmotion system in a one off party. I would have to say that the void system was the nicest i've heard. But where around the world have you been pleased with soundsystems?
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Best Soundsystems you've heard

Post by damnwords »

The best I've heard so far was Martin Audio (and it was in Bucharest). Second would be F1 dance stacks.

So far I've only heard one Void system : it was composed of Void Stasys speakers and while it's loud, didn't seem that clear sounding or too pleasant for a whole night overall.
Sadly, there are still clubs in Bucharest with EV systems that are 10 years old and sound like complete sh!t. But thank heavens they have F1 speakers in the DJ booth :roll:
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

Yeah I'd go for Martin Audio as well. Was absolutely blown away by it. Only ever heard a void (don't even know what kind) at 338 in London and its been so disappointing that i try to avoid that place at any cost. Although its probably more to do with the size of the place vs the size of the sound system lol.
Combe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Combe »

Funktion One @ Berghain
Funktion One @ Labyrinth Festival
Martin Audio @ Fabric

Also love brands like D&B, L-Acoustics, Meyer Sound…
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

Function One - always a pleasure (Berghain / Fusion / Festivals all over)

Martin Audio - at RJ it has blown me away, also heard it in some clubs in cologne : )))

Void Incubus - we have one installed here in town in a club, but they cant play it out, in case of some regulations they have to perform, and now the room is closed completely... : ( ... it looks like a pimped function one & as far as i were able to hear it, it sounded good

here it is: http://www.event-corp.de/void-incubus-i ... bielefeld/
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

Philsen wrote: Void Incubus - we have one installed here in town in a club, but they cant play it out, in case of some regulations they have to perform, and now the room is closed completely... : ( ... it looks like a pimped function one & as far as i were able to hear it, it sounded good

here it is: http://www.event-corp.de/void-incubus-i ... bielefeld/
Looks the business

When they were still around the F1's in Trouw (Amsterdam) and Perron (Rotterdam) sounded nice. These days it is unfortunately so loud that after a few hours my ears are not able to really enjoy the sweetness of a soundsystem and they all start to sound the same.

In the Netherlands we're generally blessed with a very healthy House/techno clubscene at the moment. New clubs are popping up left and right and they don't seem to spare expenses on soundsystems. A lot of them choose for F1 - also seeing L-acoustics more and more.
alutza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alutza »

The best soundsystem I've heard so far has to be the one at Stereo in Montreal. It's an analog one and it was designed and built by Angel Moraes. Super impressive!