Unified-Sound - "The Sustaining Path"

- music
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Unified-Sound - "The Sustaining Path"

Post by kenada »

Hey all,

This is our newest track, very deep tribal sounds here, moody and atmospheric, with an arabic style horn.

Sounds different huh, well it really does. This is not your run of the mill minimal techno track, and we're all very proud of it.

As always all comments are greatly appreciated.

So heres "The Sustaining Path"
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Hey man,

Loving the fx at the very start of this, catches the interest right from the off. Definately not a run of the mill track as you've mentioned, a really cool original feel to this one. The fx work and variation in this tune are excellent, you really know fill up your tracks well. The onlt thing that irritates me a little with this is the kick, seems a bit stuck (if you understand what I mean) and some drum variations with it are needed in my opinion.

The horn is very nice though, really makes this track stand out. Overall a great piece, just the kick that is not to my liking.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

listening:

sounds like you did that first melody by hand or something
im not so sure im a fan of the kick like that, but it actually works so then its just a matter of personal preference.
This middle eastern sound is cool.
Is there a bassline?
Ok for this song clearly you did alot of cool things, and as usual your sound is crystal clear, but for me i tihnk its too weird.

Some parts almost sound like old school goa to me.

I dunno if that is any help at all, but its what i think

ok also...
being that that kick is so strange..and unsettling...i tihnk you need a more prominent snare to anchor the song down into a groove