[ARPIAR013] Raresh - Vivaltu EP (incl. Ricardo Remix)

- wax
groovesh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[ARPIAR013] Raresh - Vivaltu EP (incl. Ricardo Remix)

Post by groovesh »

12 releases strong already, [a:rpia:r] has been silent for the last 2 years, since Petre Inspirescu’s Gradina Onirica hit the shelves of your favourite record shop. It is now Raresh’s turn to release something special and indeed he did.

Vivaltu is an old gem, a subtle uplifting track driven by a powerful resonator, perfect for that “special moment”. The male mumbling voices provide the track with that extra eclectic feel. This is in fact Raresh’s only track on Vivaltu EP, the rest are remixes.

Side B presents a minimal house interpretation remix by none other than chilean legend and friend, Ricardo Villalobos. The resonator is still here but in come some childish voices to make it all perfect. Perfect for the dancefloor.

Side C brings forward another member of the [a:rpia:r] family, none other than contemporary wizard Petre Inspirescu. His take has a very cinematic approach, building and building for 4 minutes before the kick even starts. The rich percussive atmosphere is completed with a brilliant melody reminiscent of his classical experiments. This track is an absolute masterpiece !

Aloe Varu is the third chosen for this remix pack and indeed he was chosen wise. His stripped down remix spans for 13 minutes and completes the story of [a:rpia:r] 13.

1.Raresh - Vivaltu
2.Raresh - Vivaltu (Ricardo Villalobos Remix)
3.Raresh - Vivaltu (Petre Inspirescu Remix)
4.Raresh - Vivaltu (Aloe Varu Remix)

samples here

Thoughts?
Last edited by groovesh on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: [ARPIAR013] Raresh - Vivaltu EP

Post by Themis »

original is the best one for me, though i cant put my finger on it, the elements feel very familiar. and also definitely not worth 20 pounds :)

ricardo should seriously consider to do a new kick/baseline after 30 records .. gets really boring

petre remix .. yawn
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [ARPIAR013] Raresh - Vivaltu EP

Post by blizt »

groovesh wrote:Thoughts?
Get 3 copies. Sell them on discogs for x2 price. Profit.

J/k I cant listen to this at work, will check later but the last arpiar ("Delta Trippin") I bought has a rather high asking price for how mediocre it is.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: [ARPIAR013] Raresh - Vivaltu EP (incl. Ricardo Remix)

Post by Themis »

funny story about delta trippin, its the only arpiar record which is digital available
elDice
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by elDice »

7 years later, damn! Petre did a magical remix, not dancefloor oriented but a great treat to stimulate the mind! (*)
BrokenBo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BrokenBo »

good tracks. just wish they would release something that is not already flying around the web since 3-4 years.
still good music tho. also like the remixes...maybe ricardo remix is a bit...let´s say predictable
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

So Vivaltu finally sees the light of day officially. And the rumoured Dan Andrei Arpiar will contain 'Aud Eacu'? I like the Petre Inspirescu mix but i'm not going to pay what is probably going to be the price of a triple pack for just one track.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Sides A & D sound downright amateurish.