Re: [TR026] Baby Ford - Mystery Falls

Post by pure_evil »

This makes even less sense.
ali_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ali_ »

this is one of the worst explanation for plagiarism i've ever heard.
Jermack
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jermack »

Holds up for me. He had the DAT from 12 years ago. Wasn't sure who made it thought it was his or a collab or something, but titled it accordingly. And in the end let you nerds do the leg work. Lets go through every Baby Ford release and make sure they aren't all plagiarized... hilarious.
Clapshot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Clapshot »

"Wasn't sure who made it …. - but titled it accordingly." So he just labeled it as his own work? Ok fair enough :D I think he never made it at all, because then Rhythm Maker would not be so supersurprised that BF used the loop. this is not hilarious but rather arrogant comment mate. Well never mind, in my opinion we will never find out the truth because it will be sorted out behind closed doors between the artists. Maybe here will be some meeeh statement on the repress but thats it.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Hopefully after all of this a public statement will be made, or at least something more specific. The "response posted' seems extremely dismissive. -surprised flower
OCH
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by OCH »

Peter's work is "out of term" for Background, and he's going through all the project DATS, Many of which date back to the early 2000's so lots of time passed

Amongst them he has these parts - they sound very familiar and are presented in such a format that he assumes them to be his own and reworks

As soon as he's worked out the true origin he's phoned the artist and label - All were as surprised as each other, some detective work has been done, its a big mix up and Peter and Steffen have worked it out - they're cool.

I know its a really interesting thread but I don't think there's anything else going on here
Last edited by OCH on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

OCH wrote:he's phoned the artist and label - All were as surprised as each other, some detective work has been done, its a big mix up and Peter and Steffen have worked it out - they're cool.
thank you kindly for sharing a bit more of the specifics as to how such a thing may have happened.
i'm sure many, including myself, were curious as to how one got from point a to point b..
so it's to be assumed they are going to put the correct credit on the release.?
and babyford has no release called mystery falls? lol
OCH
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by OCH »

John - I'll try to get some more info on this during the week