[Perlon 102] Portable - Sportable

- wax
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [Perlon 102] Portable - Sportable

Post by breton »

leonardolm wrote:does not focus on good quality
Neither Marcus nor Thomas care about quality anymore, i believe.
Clapshot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Clapshot »

One of my favourite labels is slowly drifting away into oblivion. Cant even remember the last perlon 12" that I was really excited about anymore. So sad. I still dont get why they merged perlon into a "friends only" label. I always admired them for their good and diverse selection of artists, but these days are long gone. Of course a few okayish cuts here and there, but overall perlon turned into a graveyard for mediocre releases in the last years. The moles release and horror incs album in my opinion were the only ones to stand out in about three years..
Eragon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eragon »

Clapshot wrote:One of my favourite labels is slowly drifting away into oblivion. Cant even remember the last perlon 12" that I was really excited about anymore. So sad. I still dont get why they merged perlon into a "friends only" label. I always admired them for their good and diverse selection of artists, but these days are long gone. Of course a few okayish cuts here and there, but overall perlon turned into a graveyard for mediocre releases in the last years. The moles release and horror incs album in my opinion were the only ones to stand out in about three years..
I completely agree with you. I would add to the good list "Fumiya Tanaka - Dark Pad" though ...
serghe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by serghe »

Last edited by serghe on Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clapshot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Clapshot »

Fumiya is in my opinion the perfect example of mediocre minimal tracks. I like some of his stuff on sundance for example. but overall? meeh. Same for dygas and sad but true also ricardo these days. Im just saying that these tracks are all not bad, but theyre all together laking some kind of passion or avantgardism. Compare them to older perlon records und you get the point. I could at least name 20 perlon releases that were so madly influential to my style. All in their own weird and lovely way. Guess its time to move on. The flame burned out.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Clapshot wrote:drifting away into oblivion. Cant even remember the last perlon 12" that I was really excited about anymore. So sad..
:!: :-sadflower
panda
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by panda »

perlon is really boring at the moment.. but which "minimal" label isn't?

fumiya's tracks are the worst to me.. anyone remember his track for the latest superlongivity 7x12" ? just a boring loop over around 8 mins.. da fuq?
Eragon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eragon »

I don't always expect avantgardism from an artist or label. I liked that particular release (Perl98) because it's a great tool for my DJ sets. I guess it has to be in the right hands to make it valuable also to the listener, cause for sure it's not making an impression listening for the whole 10 minutes tracks. Sometimes i like tracks or releases that are properly executed, eventhough the are clishe-ish.