best softsynths for ableton

all things.
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: best softsynths for ableton

Post by mehta »

Tyrell and Synth1 are two of my favourite freebies. Sonically useful and great for learning synthesis as well.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

steevio wrote:i'm teaching my son Ableton, but we need a couple of decent analogue style synths and a decent drumkit.
i can't help but think your taste in gear would lead you to liking aalto by madrona labs.

"Aalto is a semi-modular software synthesizer with an innovative, patchable UI, distinctive sounds, and a charming personality."

"The heart of Aalto is a Buchla-inspired complex oscillator..."

http://www.madronalabs.com/products/aalto
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

freeware all the way
TAL:
Bassline
U-NO 62
(possibly give a listen to the payware TAL Bassline 101.. i seem to recall you have the real one,so do I, and I can tell you is a serious emulation of the HW)

Synth 1 vst (if you are on windows) based on the nordlead 2

good luck

i am looking forward to teach ableton (or what will be the case in the future) to my daughter. but she's only 2 now...
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

Why is Ableton popular? I don't understand. It's another one of those sheep things.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

Dal-Tech wrote:Why is Ableton popular? I don't understand. It's another one of those sheep things.
because ableton is made for a more creative way. non time linear, with flexibility. Cubase and Logic are more professional as Live but Live wins for the easy to use way.

With a little bit of taste and a higher aspiration of sound you can make what you want.

But Ableton seduced to throw out the badest sh!t (see romanians young producer generations) or to overload the projects. When Ableton arised you could notice producers and their sound made by ableton. Luckily not bad at all.

Btw. i prefer Cubase SX3 all the time. Now i think about to switch back to an Atari :D
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

thanks for all the help guys

i prefer cubase SX3 too, and ive been threatening to get my Atari back out for a while now, i miss it so much !
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

Atari is simple and ready to go like a hardware sequencer (MPCs, MMT8, MC50, MC80s (i need one!), QY700, RS7000, RM1x so many more)

And Timing is tight !!
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

AK wrote:Bro, what about buying an issue of CM ( Computer Music Magazine ) ???

I buy the odd issue here and there, and juggle between that, FM and Music Tech mag, depending on what samples are advertised on the cover DVD. Thing is, the CM mag has a huge array of free ( well sort of free - in that they are exclusive to CM ) plugins, virtual synths, drum machines, samplers, efx etc included on every disk.

There's a whole heap of useful stuff ( for anyone really )

Highlights for me are:

U-he - Zebra CM
Audiorealism ADM CM
CM Dominator ( Juno-esque type softsynth with nice chord function )
Cableguys Curve 2 CM
CM 505

Some good bundled efx plugs too:

ExpertSleepers XFade Looper CM
KR -Reverb CM
Liquidsoniq Reverberate
KR Delay
VPS Philta CM

As for some other decent freeware:

TAL-U-No - Juno inspired softsynth http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-u-no-lx
Synth 1 - seems to be inspired by the Nord Lead http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/
Fav of mine : U-he TyrellN6 http://www.u-he.com/cms/tyrelln6

:)
100% AGREE!!

Computer music is a gold mine. the plugins accumulate so if you buy a new issue you get all of their CM software. I use the stuff all the time and it was on my last remix.

the samples are hit and miss but i've heard a few of the vox and synths in newer dirtybird releases.