I'm Upset! KNOWONE 013 (WHITE MARBLED VINYL)

- open
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: I'm Upset! KNOWONE 013 (WHITE MARBLED VINYL)

Post by Roy Koch »

It's annoying indeed and I don't see the point of starting with a fade-in either. Though it woudn't stop me from playing out the track! Same goes for tracks that start with a full arrangement.

Edit: For the record, I don't mean playing out this track in particular, but tracks in general.
Last edited by Roy Koch on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

sipage wrote:a world class mix
Define 'a world class mix'?
sipage wrote:this a VINLY ONLY track and I feel that your suggestion for layering and playing certain parts doesn't really sit well for this particular example and style of music
Now you're just being silly. Dubby, or not... It's techno. Ever heard of Jeff Mills?
sipage wrote:Have you heard this particular record I am speaking of?
No. I wouldn't touch a Knowone record with a ten-foot pole these days.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i prefer dub records that fade in..

most of the time, also with the track you're talking about, there's just not a lot to build up..

like breton i don't really like knowone.. the only track i own is this one

to me the beginning is useless... i once used the record at the very beginning of a clubnight, but that's it.. anywhere else i don't see a spot for this track cause it starts to flow in the middle and few minutes later it's already finished.. not what i expect of a dub track.. i prefered this to start with a fade in and a duration of 12-15 minutes..

also those knowones are so slow i wanna sleep when a dj plays some tracks like this in a row around 122 bpm.. don't get the hype around this label.. doesnt come even close to oswald and ernestus related stuff..

speaking of basic channel, in shops one can get this sealed for 6.99 .. (half the price of a knowone.. :o )

(*) (*) (*)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i think there is a misunderstanding whats a "fade in" is

that knowone is not a fade in .. the track starts with a hissing synthline and after some seconds the kick starts..

a fade in is when the track starts with low volume and gets louder over the first few seconds..

thats a fade in

roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i didn't mean to say that the basic channel i posted is a fade in lol ..

was just listening to this while writing that's why i posted it ..

examples (basically all maurizio) were give a lot earlier already..

edit: oh, i think you`re talking about the first one?? of course this isn't a fade in.. i want it to be a fade in actually cause the beginning build up is useless.. maybe i didn't make that clear enough..

this forum is sometimes ridiculous, instead of arguing about something everyone just wants to teach the other one and show that he has more knowledge.. like, "check maurizio" or "have you ever heard of jeff mills" and than on page two "you don't even know what a fade-in is" :lol:
Last edited by roland on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

[/quote]No. I wouldn't touch a Knowone record with a ten-foot pole these days.[/quote]

After this release I assured myself I'll be skipping any releases that come out from here on in.

Also, I feel that you are way off the mark with your Jeff Mills comment.You were quite clearly referring to the Ableton digital DJ's taking chunks of records and playing only those chunks, with n reason most echno DJ's are not turntablists. Mills would play three tracks together at the same time and they would (to my knowledge) always be very "tracky" so relatively simple to do. KnowOne 013 is not that sort of recording.
Last edited by sipage on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

@ roland that KnowOne track you used as an example is really good, I like it. Plus you can see how that example has a nice intro that gets you into the track and builds, KnoOne 013 if you can find it is totally different and does not have the same effect.

Also was interested to know why do you prefer dub tracks that fade in? (Just to confirm KnowOne 010 doesn't do this, it has a clearly defined first beat and build gradually.)
Last edited by sipage on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

P.S Themis, thank you for your correct example of a fade in. Please to the posters who were discussing with me at the beginning of this thread check it out so we're on the same page.

What do people think? especially with regards to using tracks for DJing purposes?