[Perlon95] Horror Inc - Briefly Eternal LP

- wax
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [Perlon95] Horror Inc - Briefly Eternal LP

Post by dirddey_iddler »

jsz wrote:Akufen delivered. I wonder how does his live pa under 'horror inc' moniker sound.
trippy
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

I saw him play his horror inc set in fabric in December and it was incredible! But, like this new album, I found it was a little too centered around tracks like "the sentinel", "the absent" and "dans la nuit". At the time I just figured they were alternative/extended versions that he used for playing live but really didn't expect them to appear on a release like this. Don't get me wrong the album is great but its just not quite a diverse as I expected.
jsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jsz »

I expected something like this. Would love to see him live.
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

yeah he was quality in fabric in december.....dreamlike stuff

Loved when he played dans la nuit.

I thought the album would have had more newer stuff.....owell still got the classics in there....(would have liked if he included Aurore its up there with my faves of his)
herpie herve
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by herpie herve »

cannot wait to get it in my collection
ao_xk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ao_xk »

grace anxiety wrote:yeah he was quality in fabric in december.....dreamlike stuff

Same regarding his fabric set a few weeks ago. The way he played Absent was really, really good.

Btw, I liked how after the first two tracks, half of the people left, but those who stayed, really digged his music :) He's really pushing the boundaries with what you should expect from clubs.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

marc leclair is a great musician!! thats why the expectations on him regarding to his album were very high.

i bought this release too, but as i wrote i expected more. Sentinel and Dans la Nuit are nice to have things from already released and sometimes expensive records. For the most diggers it is doubtful if this 2x12" is useful, although its on Perlon.

A live act from marc is great and he presents a very cool edge of deeper minimal and micro house.

It dont surprised me, that some people dont understand his sound.

Seems it was a nice party.

Sometimes i asked my self what is Zips Direction of Perlon. When i listen to sets with newer Perlons or when i`m at a Get Perlonized! party the most stuff makes sense, especially when he played it at the panorambar. Maybe he use this club as a reference too.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

to be honest i wasnt into horror incs liveset at fabric. it all just sounded the same to me, with those trippy riffs he uses. i love 'Dans La Nuit', but an hour of that vibe is very tiresome.