[SUSH26] Steve O'Sullivan - Bluetrain Retrospective 3x12"

- wax
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: [SUSH26] Steve O'Sullivan - Bluetrain Retrospective 3x12

Post by Themis »

i think i own 3 records from sushitech, but i dont play them anymore.

i own a lot from Pariter though
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

ray parry wrote:
roland wrote:don't really get why all this stuff is coming out on sushitech...
youre not a fan of sushitech?

one of the most consistent labels around i think.

musicwise it's really consistent i agree.. but i once made the failure to like their facebook page.. i really don't like the way they are posting pictures and all sorts of stuff just to hype their records before there are even samples available.. i think customers shouldnt be influenced by things like "no repress, be fast be fast be fast".. just let the music speak for itself..

another thing that changed my view on the label was when they released their box set for insane money as colored 10 inches (btw worst choice of medium for music imo...) ..
on their fb yossi wrote something like: "we don't like to see sellers charching huge prices on discogs blabla... so we're kinda repressing those 10 inches"

i replied to him that if he doesn't want discogs prices to go up he shouldn't write "LIMITED ABSOLUTELY NO REPRESS, BE FAST" in every releaseinfo..

i think they love the hype and they love seeing their records beeing offered for lots of money, so seeing this faked attitute where they claim to actually don't like those high prices made me disklike them..
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fear_of_flying »

ali_ wrote:i hope this is the last "remastered/reshaped/retrospective" ep on sushitech for a long time. not that i dont like steve o's work, or restrospective stuff, but i wanna hear some new suhitech sounds.
Seems like Yossi overheard you typing.. they've just announced a new Delano Smith Lp on their FB page a couple of minutes ago :)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

fear_of_flying wrote:
ali_ wrote:i hope this is the last "remastered/reshaped/retrospective" ep on sushitech for a long time. not that i dont like steve o's work, or restrospective stuff, but i wanna hear some new suhitech sounds.
Seems like Yossi overheard you typing.. they've just announced a new Delano Smith Lp on their FB page a couple of minutes ago :)
yeah for the first quarter of 2014... absolutely necessary to announce that now.. :roll:
Last edited by roland on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fear_of_flying »

roland wrote:
fear_of_flying wrote:
yeah for the first quarter of 2014... absolutely necessary to announce that now.. :roll:
true 'dat.. although, being a label owner I know how hard it is to keep shizzle like this to yourself. As soon as we sign stuff I wanna' start posting it up on FB
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

yeah, actually one can't really blame them for trying to sell as much as possible and all.. not everyone can do the business like levon vincent with his novel sound stuff.. (imagine he made a box set with all novel sounds for ~15€ per vinyl :lol: ) .. he'd earn a lot of money, and i respect him because he just keeps it real, repressing stuff, selling it for 9€ in paper sleeves without any fancy marketing stuff around it..

you guys sell a lot of records aswell without fancy marketing and without stating "LIMITED, BE FAST" a hundred times on each release.. plus your vinyls are distinctly cheaper than the sushitech ones.. not to forget that steve made tracks for FOF too but you guys didn't even release it under "steve o'sullivan", so that only the music speaks and people decide on the music alone.. that's a totally different approach compared to sushitech and i like it that way much more..

but i don't hate the label or something, i actually own some pariter and sushitech records and the music is really consistent as ray pointed out earlier.. i just don't prefer the way they sell them...

mosaic, bluetrain and the whole o'sullivan stuff is kinda epic.. this guy run several legendary labels and all, i think he doesn't need sushitech to sell his music.. i'd just like to see him doing stuff his way on his own imprints in the future..
ahmedsamy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ahmedsamy »

roland wrote:mosaic, bluetrain and the whole o'sullivan stuff is kinda epic.. this guy run several legendary labels and all, i think he doesn't need sushitech to sell his music.. i'd just like to see him doing stuff his way on his own imprints in the future..

I agree...
Igloobs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Igloobs »

ahmedsamy wrote:
roland wrote:mosaic, bluetrain and the whole o'sullivan stuff is kinda epic.. this guy run several legendary labels and all, i think he doesn't need sushitech to sell his music.. i'd just like to see him doing stuff his way on his own imprints in the future..

I agree...

agree too