Am I allowed to master your track?

- ask away
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Am I allowed to master your track?

Post by optX »

Hey guys,

I am most of the time working on my mastering skills, after years I finally got very nice outboard gear (eq, comp) and fullrange speakers. "Mastering-grade" AD/DA follows soon, although my AD/DA is far from bad at the moment.
I get pretty decent results, my "clients" are very pleased so far. I am going to upload some A/B the next days which I can post here when it is done.

So I am offering my services for free to you! If you are interested in getting a track or more mastered for free just contact me, it would be a pleasure to me! :D It`s perfect if you like the result, if not just delete it and nothing is lost except some time and Up/Download ;)

To the Pro mastering engineers who are on this forum (safeandsound and whoelse): I am really sorry that I make a thread and even offer my mastering for free! But I don`t know of another way to get my hands on new tracks and keep myself busy on practicing and learning. I don`t charge money because I am not experienced like a Pro and I don`t do business atm - I am just willed to learn everything about mastering and gain more experience. The way is the goal (*)
If you Pro MEs know of a better way so I don`t have to post on forums please tell me, because the last thing I wanna do is to provoke you.

For you interest : I prepare/clean the tracks with software (Brainworx, Elysia, Kush and Slate), send them through the hardware (Foote, Gyraf, µ HDE250A) and record it back (RME, Forssell MADC-2) and finish it with software. I am listening on Pelonis 4288mk2, Focal Solo 6, AKG701 headphones. Everything is connected to a monitor controller (Kush Gain Train).
DAWs used for mastering are Ableton Live 8 and mostly DSP Quattro and sometimes Pro Tools. Every Software I use is licensed - I am not a piracy-bedroom-wannabe-mastering-dude :-sta

Yeah, it would be a real pleasure for me mastering some of you guy`s tracks!

Just send me a mail : mastering@gmx.at

or use facebook : http://facebook.com/Output23Mastering

All the best,
Thomas
Last edited by optX on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Am I allowed to master your track?

Post by optX »

Here you can listen to a few A/B

https://soundcloud.com/output-mastering
Last edited by optX on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

For those who are interested : Please better send me an e-mail because pm here stays very long in the outbox folder. There are some messages since 10hours in my Outbox and are not sent yet...

fowli@gmx.at

Thanks! :)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

if a message is in the outbox - it means the receiver has not read it yet
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

Oh thanks, good to know.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I'll let you master stuff when I feel I have something worth mastering.
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

tone-def wrote:I'll let you master stuff when I feel I have something worth mastering.
Cool, just contact me when you are ready!
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

I would be interested in seeing how a track comes out.. I have one you can try! LMK.