[CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

- wax
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

Post by breton »

resolved wrote:if you play bootlegs you may as well be playing youtube rips via traktor
Your cheap snobbism aside, did you just compare overcompressed youtube audio to (a proper bootleg made from) a proper vinyl rip?
You might as well burn all your early Moodymann/Theo Parrish records then... They're all made from samples they ripped from vinyls.

Anyway, you sound like you are feeling butthurt over something... Go smoke a doobie.
GLAM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by GLAM »

breton wrote:(a proper bootleg made from) a proper vinyl rip
That is the dumbest thing ever. You cannot make a proper bootleg from a vinyl rip. Proper rip = master tapes.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

GLAM wrote:That is the dumbest thing ever. You cannot make a proper bootleg from a vinyl rip. Proper rip = master tapes.
Thanks, smartass. :lol:
I was talking about bootlegs though. Don't take my words out of the context.
GLAM wrote:That is the dumbest thing ever. You cannot make a proper bootleg from a vinyl rip.Proper rip = master tapes.
Here's an example of a proper bootleg* made from proper vinyl rips http://www.deejay.de/MULE158__120405

*it's not a bootleg per se though, 'cause the tracks were properly licensed
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

cheap snobbism? most bootlegs sound terrible. check out the moodymann ones that have appeared in recent years. they don't sound much better than a youtube video.

re these rereleases - i am happy to be proven wrong but i would be very surprised if they managed to track down the master tapes for all the releases through a licensing agency. several of his releases are for long defunct labels. let's see.

also i think if a record is licensed via an agency rather without the involvement of the individual who makes the records, you're in a very grey area.

and yes i am butthurt - i am butthurt that one of the greatest producers of all time (maybe the greatest house producer of all time) is going through the indignity of having his work rereleased on a label as cheesy as chiwax. the man deserves better.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

resolved wrote:the indignity of having his work rereleased on a label as cheesy as chiwax
I didn't know that people hated Chiwax that much.
It's like you guys know something that i don't know...
Do they colour their vinyls with the blood of baby seals? Or maybe the label owner is a convicted child molester?
taff
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by taff »

breton wrote:
resolved wrote:the indignity of having his work rereleased on a label as cheesy as chiwax
I didn't know that people hated Chiwax that much.
It's like you guys know something that i don't know...
Do they colour their vinyls with the blood of baby seals? Or maybe the label owner is a convicted child molester?
:lol:
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

seems like it isn't a coloured vinyl after all? but part 1 of 10... That's a bit too much.