(SUSH023) - Steve O'Sullivan - Mosaic Reshaped & Unreleased

- wax
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: (SUSH023) - Steve O'Sullivan - Mosaic Reshaped & Unrelea

Post by b-ran »

Roy Koch wrote:Umm, where are the new tracks?
exactly. :roll:
Last edited by b-ran on Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Field »

I've been wanting to buy The little man presents for a long time now for that seance track. Although i didn't knew it was the seance track i was after, i just knew that the track i wanted was on that record.
So when that wisecauc seller put his mint copy for sale for £50,- i already added it to my cart...
i usually act so impulsive when mint copies appear, but i'm soooooooo happy now i kept waiting for this patiently 8)
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Who cares about the new tracks? It's not like all of you guys have managed to collect every single Mosaic release, and even if you have, i'm pretty sure a lot of them are in a lousy condition. Everyone here is gonna buy this release, don't deny it.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Field wrote:I've been wanting to buy The little man presents for a long time now for that seance track. Although i didn't knew it was the seance track i was after, i just knew that the track i wanted was on that record.
So when that wisecauc seller put his mint copy for sale for £50,- i already added it to my cart...
i usually act so impulsive when mint copies appear, but i'm soooooooo happy now i kept waiting for this patiently 8)
To be honest, i never understood the appeal of that track. I bought the record long time ago, when it cost just few quid, but i never played it in a set or anything. It's just that the track sounds too depressing in my opinion. Makes me feel very sullen and pessimistic deep inside. I'd be more than happy to swap my copy with someone who's after it for some other rare record.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i didnt know that track before, but the synth is really nice and makes it super hypnotic

tough it is a bit depressing but also beautiful
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Papa Bear wrote:Who cares about the new tracks? It's not like all of you guys have managed to collect every single Mosaic release, and even if you have, i'm pretty sure a lot of them are in a lousy condition. Everyone here is gonna buy this release, don't deny it.
If they were really going to do a repress they could have chosen far better tracks in my opinion. I already have the ones on vinyl that would justify buying this release. Additonally, they promoted this release saying that there were going to be all new tracks, kind of lame....
Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Field »

Papa Bear wrote: To be honest, i never understood the appeal of that track. I bought the record long time ago, when it cost just few quid, but i never played it in a set or anything. It's just that the track sounds too depressing in my opinion. Makes me feel very sullen and pessimistic deep inside. I'd be more than happy to swap my copy with someone who's after it for some other rare record.
I can imagine that after this 'reshaped' release it would be difficult to swap this for some other rare record (;
Still, so crazy how it can evoke such different emotions...

these short samples don't do this track justice though, you can hear the track more clearly here after 4 minutes

would love to play this track in an extended warm up set after playing an hour of dub techno records. The intro is so calm and elegant, it keeps on building and building, the moment the main synth is added, so warm and subtle, then after minutes of hypnotic loops, the extra percussion is added out of nowhere... pffffff if i would hear this on the floor i would lose my mind

Themis wrote:i didnt know that track before, but the synth is really nice and makes it super hypnotic

tough it is a bit depressing but also beautiful
beautiful indeed :D
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

If i recall correctly Yossi just mentioned there were going to be new mixes/versions, and not new tracks on this release. But it's understandable that a title that says 'Reshaped and unreleased is perceived as slightly misleading ;)