- ask away
koen1978
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

How to create this Aril Brikha synth

Post by koen1978 »

Hi,

Sorry for another, how to create-topic.
I've heard this typical synth sound a couple of times lately and i would love to know how its done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKOpazM2G2k (starting from 02:00)

Hope someone can help me out with this one.

Cheers Koen
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: How to create this Aril Brikha synth

Post by steevio »

aril brikha was very into the Nord lead 2
koen1978
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by koen1978 »

i already succeed to remake it: for anyone who's interested: Probably he used a 101 and a saw tooth only.. i did this with operator in ableton. used 1 osc, saw D, 1 voice. turned on glide and found a good setting.. little bit delay on attack, short decay, high sustain little release. low pas filter set on 1 KH and high res. While you play the notes use the pitch bend as a guitar player at the end of the notes and you can set the mod wheel to the filter eventually.

that did the job! :)
koen1978
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by koen1978 »

(and set filter env at 60%)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

nord lead 2 rack to be precise

AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

koen1978 wrote:i already succeed to remake it: for anyone who's interested: Probably he used a 101 and a saw tooth only.. i did this with operator in ableton. used 1 osc, saw D, 1 voice. turned on glide and found a good setting.. little bit delay on attack, short decay, high sustain little release. low pas filter set on 1 KH and high res. While you play the notes use the pitch bend as a guitar player at the end of the notes and you can set the mod wheel to the filter eventually.

that did the job! :)
Why did he 'probably use a 101'? There's no pitch bend going on bro, it's pure portamento and a single sawtooth waveform. It's just legato mode, 1 note poly with a sawtooth waveform, a lp filter and coupled with the portamento, a few opening and closing of the filter cut off.
koen1978
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by koen1978 »

I was just guessing man. I wouldn't post this topic if i knew exactly how it was done Tried it later with a friend and his 101 and came up with this overdub... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/317275/aril%20 ... ripoff.mp3
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

no need to guess bruv, the dude has been using a Nord 2 for years, he swears by them.