Hawtin vs Deadmau5

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Hawtin vs Deadmau5

Post by John Clees »

dirddey_iddler wrote:Cant wait for the david guetta collaboration!!!
He lost his musical mind and soul when he made business out of them!!
very mnml : I'm sure many may agree. that could also remain to be seen. with a schedule like his Im sure
finding a still time, is nearly impossible to put in the energy for new tracks. I can hardly find time working a day job.. lol
Dal-Tech wrote:Just saw this on YouTube. "Vinyl is a pain in the azz."

actually it's a positive thing... if you listen to what he's saying..
I can't turn my back on where I came from, even if it's not right for me, and even if I think the direction is
completely away from it, we (have) to support that... : (vinyl)...
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

john clees wrote:what he's saying..
It's called hypocrisy, John. There's nothing positive about it.
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brooklyn1 »

http://pulseradio.net/articles/2011/10/ ... n-responds

Guys don't remember this fiasco from 2 years ago lol

People sent him some creative insults that day.
Save the planet, Kill Yourself.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

john clees wrote: very mnml : I'm sure many may agree. that could also remain to be seen. with a schedule like his Im sure
finding a still time, is nearly impossible to put in the energy for new tracks. I can hardly find time working a day job.. lol
I dont think this is a valid excuse nowadays. I wil agree if he was a like uprising talent that needs to get attention a playing as many gigs as possible. But he already has reached a status where he is the complete master of his time. As simple as doing less gigs and spending more time in the studio. But anyone who produces music will agree with me on this: making good, unheard creative music is painful. Is hard and can be frustrating. Going away from the comfort zone can get scary. At least if you are not the kind of creative mind that make innovating stuff effortlessly: matthew herbert and ricardo villalobos comes to mind.

But I guess he was never was that pioneer and driving force that was going to lead and inspire a new generation. All the berghain techno dudes look way more creative and willing to push techno that he is. Well to give him credit, he brooded a crowd of pointless abletoners, ping pong delay, reverb users. Thanks Rich.

P.S: I'm not hating is just my perception of what this guy has turned in 8)

P.S 2: From one of the better guitarist that the world will get to know:
Paco De Lucia "I will like to live without music... with music I suffer a lot"
http://elpais.com/diario/2010/05/08/cul ... 50215.html
(it's in spanish :P)
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

brooklyn1 wrote:http://pulseradio.net/articles/2011/10/ ... n-responds

sh!t, it's already been 2 years since that happened? :shock:

I feel as if that was a few months ago.

fck, i need to get off mnml and soundcloud asap. What am i doing with my life? :(
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

Papa Bear wrote:
brooklyn1 wrote:http://pulseradio.net/articles/2011/10/ ... n-responds

sh!t, it's already been 2 years since that happened? :shock:

I feel as if that was a few months ago.

fck, i need to get off mnml and soundcloud asap. What am i doing with my life? :(
Join the club!
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

The funny thing about Soundcloud is that there are tracks with only a little bit of play that sound good IMO. It's not common but you come across that type of music sometimes. If it was still the 1990s when I was purchasing vinyl I would buy those tracks if they were released. I made a similar statement to a person demoing modular gear on YouTube with only a few plays. There is a lot of music that seems to be popular but is kind of bad IMO aesthetically speaking. This goes for techno centric web sites like RA and of course what is popular on Beatport.

Of course dance genres like minmal post 2000 were a fad IMO and the genre is a bit played out these days and not as popular as it used to be. Cool sparse sounding music has always been around though and I'm sure that's not going to change regardless of how trends change.

I can understand Richie Hawtin wanting Dead Maus 5 to strip down his tracks. The interpretation here is unless you were born yesterday and like commercial EDM it would make his music more tolerable. Unless you want to become a starving ideolist artist once you achieve a level of popularity and are one of the few and fortunate people to make a decent wage as an EDM artist you have to play the popularity game. In essence your music becomes a business. So you are trying to please mindless crowds of people more interested in sticking their hands in the air and jumping up and down when the blippity beat kicks in.

My impression of the M_Nus label is it tries to model itself after Apple computer. There was an article in a magazine how trying to become Steve Jobs is all the rage. Vinyl = bad because it's an older standard. Our label is like Apple computer focused on current technology innovation.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !