Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by Papa Bear »

Just spotted yet another clown (who also seems to be an RPR fanboy, judging by some of the stuff that he's currently selling): http://www.discogs.com/seller/guimutuel

Like, for example, why the fucking fck is he charging 50 quid for this? http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Don-Di ... ev=bp_det. The average is 6 quid, and the highest is 13. Just... WHERE'S THE FUCKING LOGIC???

Should i maybe try the same? Like pick any random record from my collection and try to sell it for £50? Looks like a good business to me if so many people are doing it these days.
Last edited by Papa Bear on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

sohrab_rd wrote: disco.shop92 is a sick guy though! fast shipping (from italy) and the record was a bit damaged, he refunded the whole thing and is giving me discount on the next order
it's not that seller. If he has high shipping costs (imo) it's not important to give out his name. :)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

good thread, i think we should keep it going.

i see mutt_discogs still sells records, amazing, somethings wrong with this guy.
another thing which i hate and happens nearly all the time, VG+ means to most sellers, a totally crackling and fucked up record.

UK sellers are the worst in my opinion. big UK sellers with VG+ basically means the record was collecting dust the last 5 years and looks like sh!t.
i just even dont go through the hassle of a refund, i just straight give out negative feedback now. and i think we should all do this.

most people give positive if they get a refund, even if i get a refund its should be still neutral or negative
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

I don't even bother ordering VG+ records. I just know that i will be disappointed. Most NM records i bought left me disappointed, there's no way i am going to buy a VG+ record.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

yeah, no more positive feedback after a refund...

that's the reason sellers with 100% positive feedback who grade fucked up records as VG+ are out there..
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Papa Bear wrote:Love this thread. Very useful indeed.

I also propose to ban this particular arsehole: unique442

Just to give you a little example, the guy is currently trying to sell this record here for €75: http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Sunkis ... bp_rel_det

Yep, seventy five fvcking euros, no less. Surely it must be one hell of a rare and sought-after record, right? Well, no, it isn't. In fact if you check its stats, the have/want ratio is only 107/57. Well, maybe it was consistently sold for a lot of money in the past? Let's see... nope, doesn't seem to be the case. The average is merely €7.38, and the highest is €11.22. So why on earth is this individual selling this particular record for such an unreasonably high price? Well, the only logical explanation i have is that he is just greedy and doesn't give a damn about people who love music, but is only in this business to make money. Oh, and he is a massive hypocrite as well.

haha the irony of this is unique442 is Michel. The very guy that created this thread. hahahaha. he is not selling the Sunkiss record anymore but still..

he's selling a VG record with a median of $5 for 53 euro LOLL

http://www.discogs.com/marketplace?rele ... 6397&ev=rb

i get that it is a rare record...but nothing VG should be sold above 20 or 25 euro..and even that is a lot.

cmon Michel this is pure hypocrisy on your part...
michel86
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michel86 »

yup you're right about that. It sounds like hypocrisy. but that record is just one of many im selling. About 90% of what i am selling is priced low or lowest at the moment. Does that make me a hypocrit? When started this topic i thought about sellers that sell almost every record for an unreasonable price. Somebody offered me 70 euros for the 3 in key record (VG+). Than why should i sell this record (which condition is almost same) for 5 euros?
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

michel86 wrote:yup you're right about that. It sounds like hypocrisy. but that record is just one of many im selling. About 90% of what i am selling is priced low or lowest at the moment. Does that make me a hypocrit? When started this topic i thought about sellers that sell almost every record for an unreasonable price. Somebody offered me 70 euros for the 3 in key record (VG+). Than why should i sell this record (which condition is almost same) for 5 euros?

well thats because the majority of the stuff you're selling is shitty random records that would never sell for very much..most of that stuff will stay on your discogs page for ages even at 5 euro < ..

whoever offered you that much is an idiot haha..its a cool record but not worth even close to that much...again the median is less than 5 euro. and AGAIN just because one desperate person pays that much does not mean that that is the value of the record... i guess im calling you a hypocrite cause you could be a bit more moderate for a VG record... :D