Paying netlabels?

- free art
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

kexie wrote:Ok ppl, please rip all of your vinyls for me and send them over! why? I love music and because my birthday is also soon. I also love art, so one picasso would suit well. After all, if i dont get those things, i'm gonna marry a football player. They're the real money making artists. Then ill hear real music, and it will be minimal too : "gooooaaal" (in a loop)

or simply dial 1-800 who cares to recieve free music!

it's just a touch away...
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

In Holland we have the:

Free Record Shop!

:D
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

fromkaraoketostardom wrote:Can i add something ??? Do you think computers & hard drives & mp3 players & lcd screens are environment friendly ??? NO... And sorry but the sound of vinyl is still quite better, warmer (it's just physics, the wax gives more low-medium frequencies which please the human ear).MP3 is practical, cheap (well, except on itunes & all big mp3 stores) but it's not sexy at all ! Don't misread me, i do use mp3 to discover a lot & mixing, etc... but i think there's room for everyone. This includes netlabels, free ones or paying ones if this means more money for the artist than the usual record deal. I see nothing wrong with that & don't see all the fuss around here. But yeah i know, internet is progress and we should go for it, but hey people working in record companies, labels & record shops (i do work in one), you might be out for a job in a few years/months...and just remember : we're not slaves to the music industry anymore, we're slaves to Microsoft, Dell, Sony, Apple & internet access providers, does that make the world better ?

Ok, now i'm depressed too !
I agree with your observations as things stand now, but all my comments on the environmental aspects of this issue were based on a future view. Computers etc. will get greener, better, smaller, more efficient, and you dont have to buy 10 of them every week. Vinyl will always stay dirty, inefficient. Theres no doubt that vinyl sounds better, and i'd still rather use vinyl than the grainy mush that comes out of Ableton, but what of the high resolution digital sound of the near future ?
i dont feel like i'm a slave to microsoft, or Internet access providers, i pay a relatively small sum of money to my ISP, and it facilitates me in almost every part of my life. The amount of money it saves me in petrol alone, more than covers the cost. The amount of gigs / remixes / licences i have
gotten from the Internet, the networking ive done, theres no way to quantify the benefits i've gained from Internet access, I live in the mountains, but at the flick of switch I'm in touch with the world.
The jobs issue is the same argument used by all declining industries, what will our workers do ?? Change is the only thing you can count on.
Stay flexible, stay happy javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy
kexie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kexie »

plaster wrote:

hehe plas, u didn't top my joke :lol: :wink: but i was thinking - maybe we should do a mnml.nl football team?
heh, sorry for the offtopic but where it went..
snauzberries taste just like snauzberries
www.myspace.com/kexieq
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

kexie wrote:
plaster wrote:

hehe plas, u didn't top my joke :lol: :wink: but i was thinking - maybe we should do a mnml.nl football team?

yeah, like vin could be our football manager, pheek could be in charge of the training and others are hard working playaz. :D

sorry guys and girls...it's just a little joke since this topic went tottaly in a wrong direction.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

plaster wrote:
kexie wrote:
plaster wrote:

yeah, like vin could be our football manager, pheek could be in charge of the training and others are hard working playaz. :D

sorry guys and girls...it's just a little joke since this topic went tottaly in a wrong direction.
count me in !! right midfield, and i promise not to mention the environment :wink:
adhesif
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by adhesif »

isabella wrote: first of all i´m very happy to pay my isp because it gives me way more music, content and information than some records.
so why are you so against paying a netlabel for its product? if it chose to charge for downloads!
isabella wrote:and second, when i´m paying for a cd or a vinyl, i´m not really paying for someone´s creativity, in fact very little money arrives to the artist. i´m paying for a product which means paying the media and the middlemen involved in the process of the product.
this sounds just like paying your isp then?
and i suspect you dont buy much underground music ?
isabella wrote:with due respect to the artists, let´s not overestimate and overprice the creativity. there are a lot of artists that are producing good music, and should be rewarded for that, but they are not geniuses for doing so. specially because it´s very simple to make music nowadays. keep in mind that they didn´t invent a vaccine against hiv or are working all their lifes on a non profit organization helping others. please don´t loose perspective...
i just dont get wot your saying, overpricing the creativity ???
'adventitious roots'
adhesif
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by adhesif »

steevio wrote: count me in !! right midfield, and i promise not to mention the environment :wink:
hey steevio, i think u be more suited on the left wing !
'adventitious roots'